Finished my first 5k w/pic

Options
bubbaduts
bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
Today was an incredible day for me i woke up and weighed in and 55lbs lost today and left to go run my first 5k I finished in 29:45!!!!! i've been training to get it under 30 minutes but i never expected to do it! For anyone who wants a major self esteem booster do a 5k i feel on top of the world!

194986_1786380412104_1017334880_2066525_6893843_o.jpg
i look like i just ran 3.1 miles at 9:35 a mile!

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congratulations!!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    great job. i am doing my first 5k mothers day. hope i have a successful one
  • bubbaduts
    Options
    great job. i am doing my first 5k mothers day. hope i have a successful one

you will love it! i was so nervous but now i want to do another one. good luck to you on mothers day
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You Rock! That's a great time for your first 5k!!! I like the race shirt from the pic too! Maybe a marathon next? Go girl! WAHOO!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos to you on all of your accomplishments! Thanks for inspiring others!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am impressed, I will be doing my first in May and I think my goal will be sub 36 min! Great job!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Amazing time for your first 5k!! Congrats!!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing time!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! You're a rock star runner!!!! Way to go! My first races were 41 and 36 minutes... and I was happy not to die! Hoping my 10k in May will be under 1:15... we shall see!!!

Awesome job!
  • firefly6382
    Options
    Congrats on an excellent first 5k!!
    I'm planning on doing my first 5K this year. Thanks for the great inspiration! :)
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    Fantastic on all accounts!
  • caligirl86
    Options
    Thats awesome.. Congrats! You should feel awesome!:glasses:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wonderful, wonderful news on both counts! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    AWESOME.......I'm just now starting to work up to a 5k. It's totally new to me. any info to help or keep me goin would be great.
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW

Amazing job! Thats insane! Under 30 mins? You should feel so proud of yourself! Congrats on the weight loss!

You are right, do a 5k and feel on top of the world!

Actually, Last year I saw my DH compete in a 5k and told him next year I would do it too. Yesterday was the 5k and I told myself Id run a mile of it and walk the rest... I ran the whole damn thing. Like 36.40 I think my time was, but hell Ill take it cuz I didnt even know I could do that in the first place. Now I want to start training to get my time better. Slightly addicting.

Im proud though this time last year I wouldnt have even been able to walk it =]

Keep on doing what you are doing its a good inspiration!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    AWESOME.......I'm just now starting to work up to a 5k. It's totally new to me. any info to help or keep me goin would be great.

Are you doing any of the C25K programs? There are lots of threads with folks using that program! I just started Week 2 after a 5 year running hiatus (used to run half marathons).
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!

This is one of my goals as well although I'm nowhere near your time... still at about 45 min. But I'm working on it! I'm only a few weeks in but have found that I am totally getting the "running high"!
  • bubbaduts
    Options

to be honest i just started running 6 weeks ago i lost 40 pounds using the eliptical and hit a plateau bad didn't lose a thing for almost 3 weeks. My doctor suggested i try another cardio exercise and i got on the treadmill and walked 3 minutes ran 7 for an hour i puked. i had no idea what i was doing i didn't go back to the gym for 2 days then i tried again for 45 minutes my first goal was to run a mile without stopping then 2 then 3 after i ran 1 mile without stopping i signed up for the 5k and used that to push myself. it's hard but so worth it! I started losing weight again after 3 days of running and that made me feel better about doing it.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    Great job!!!

I have been tempted to register for a 5K but I am embarrassed at how slow I run. Without giving full details, lets just say the young lady who started this thread could run circles around me. I probably wouldn't be as embarrassed if it wasn't for the fact that I am a former Marine and they are kind of known to be able to run. :ohwell:

But one day, I hope to get my time low enough to consider it. I obviously won't wait until I am a super fast runner; however, I at least want to not have every other registrant waiting at the finish line for 15 minutes for me to huff and puff my way across it. :laugh:

Great job on conquering your first one. I hear from other running friends that running races, 5k or longer, becomes VERY addictive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!