Waking up too late for breakfast.

Options
On the weekends I tend to stay out later and sleep until noon. Should I eat lunch foods or breakfast foods when I wake up? Also should I just have more calories in one of the meals, add more snacks or try to get in all three meals plus a few snacks? OR does it not really matter at all? Thanks.

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i doubt it really matters hon, just log as u wud for a 'normal' day :)

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,139 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. There are a whole host of people who do a fasting type that basically takes their overnight fast and extend it every day to about 1-3pm. Then they eat their three meals a day in that time space between then and when they go to bed. There is nothing special about breakfast food, it is purely a cultural thing.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    breakfast to me is always the first food I eat for the day... hence the whole break(ing) the fast....

I eat breakfast foods any time of day, I just log them based on which "meal" I'm eating, first thing I eat for the day is breakfast, snacks are all lumped in one, second meal is lunch and third meal is dinner...
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    sunday is my lie in day and i don't get out od bed til 11.30-12.00 so i have 2 meals, lunch and dinner and my normal afternoon and eve snack. i doubt it matters. do what feels right.
    i have a brunch fry-up if i feel like it or lunch.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I can't see it matters really. Whatever is best for you. :flowerforyou:
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. If you have trouble eating enough (at least 1200 net) calories a day on a regular basis, you should make sure you eat at least that much. If you usually eat more than 1200 calories net, one day lower once in a while probably won't do any harm.

But I'm not a doctor, nutritionist, dietitian, or researcher. So what do I know?
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same deal, only it's not just a weekend thing. I'm laid-off & tend to be a night owl, so my "breakfast" is about 1:00, I eat dinner about 9pm. I don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning, so my diary is all whacked out. As long as I'm recording & things keep working though, I'm not going to worry about it.
  • findingabetterme
    Options
    I eat lunch food for breakfast even on days I do wake up on time for breakfast...who says any food is specific to a meal...if you want a sandwich for breakfast have it - if you want eggs for dinner go for it! :-)
    Dontcha love being able to sleep in on weekends!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    even though i tend to eat breakfast stuff for breakfast, i don't really care what kind of food i eat for breakfast. food is food for me, eggs for supper and a sandwich for breakfast! whatever satisfies you is all that matters.
  • agent300
    agent300 Posts: 73
    Options
    your body has no idea what "breakfast foods" are compared to everything else. it doesnt matter when you wake up or go to sleep. if you eat less calories than you should with a 24 hour people, everything will work out in the end.