goal weight....please read

Options
Hi everyone... I have a bit of a question for my goal weight. I am 5'3.5'' and I have a very small bone frame. I do have a lot of muscle mass so it does make calculating my ideal goal weight a little difficult. I wanted to ask people here what they may think is a good/ideal body weight for me. Just brainstorming here to get opinions :) Although I hope to be 115 lbs...does that seem like too much for my frame? too little? I would love some input!

Replies

• ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    115-120 lbs. I am 5'2" and want to be 115-120.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say since everyone is different and where you gain and lose weight is not controlled.. I would put in the 115 as a goal if that is what you would like.. once you get closer to that goal .. say 125.. you may feel that is good and wanna switch to maintain .. then you can re entered your goals
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am almost 5'3", but I am very solid when I'm building muscle mass, so my weight tends to be pretty deceiving. I also have a tough body shape I have an hourglass figure, but I'm realy busty and have plenty of curves, even when at my smallest. I have learned not to go so much by weight (because muscle weighs more than fat), but more by what size clothes I can wear and how I feel. I also look at medical info. If I go just by weight, I'll be killing myself to get down to what most people think I weigh when I'm small. That might not help, but it keeps me from feeling like a crazy person!!! :ohwell:
  • linzality
    Options
    115 puts you at a BMI of 20 which is well within a healthy range. I don't know where you are now but if it seems like you're having trouble reaching 115, it might be your high muscle mass. In the end, I would never trade that muscle for a lower number on the scale. 130 is still healthy for your height, so if you're lean and your blood pressure/cholesterol are good, opt for more muscle and higher weight.
  • twilightchica
    twilightchica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    idk im 5'5 not muscular at all and my goal weight is 105. if your muscular i assume your goal weight would be higher so 115 seems good. once you hit your goal ull have to see how u like it, no one ever hit their goal and though they were too skinny! lol
  • twilightchica
    twilightchica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    idk im 5'5 not muscular at all and my goal weight is 105. if your muscular i assume your goal weight would be higher so 115 seems good. once you hit your goal ull have to see how u like it, no one ever hit their goal and though they were too skinny! lol
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    115 puts you at a BMI of 20 which is well within a healthy range. I don't know where you are now but if it seems like you're having trouble reaching 115, it might be your high muscle mass. In the end, I would never trade that muscle for a lower number on the scale. 130 is still healthy for your height, so if you're lean and your blood pressure/cholesterol are good, opt for more muscle and higher weight.

I am about 130 right now :) thanks!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    This is why picking a number makes zero sense. Make it about how you look and feel :) Maybe a size even? Aim for high average (suggested) and when you get closer adjust it.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    the "rule of thumb rule" says 100 lbs for the first 5 ft then 5lbs for every inch over for a female, 6 lbs for every inch over for a male. I think that everyones body has a ideal weight of its own and thats where they function in optimal health. once you get near where you want to be pay attention to your body and it will guide you where you need to be as long as you are still eating healthy and getting enough exercise! Good LUCK!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" with a med/large frame and my goal is 145. So I think 115 might be a tad low but IDK what you weigh now.
    If you are looking to lose a lot of weight you can make it your goal and reassess later, or if you have little to lose try just changing some things and toning and see where that gets you.

I used to want to be 130, but looking at my body now @ 150 I think my 145 goal is accurate if I also do toning/strength training. At 145 I am in the healthy BMI range.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    I wouldn't focus on a specific number per say, just keep doing what you're doing and you body will level out on its own. Once you keep seeing consistent numbers on the scale, this is your body telling you it's at a good weight & wants to stay there!! Maybe aim for 120ish as a goal weight & see where time takes you. :)
  • NotaNikki
    NotaNikki Posts: 40
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I'm aiming for around 115. I'm currently around 125, and focusing on toning up to lose the last few pounds. It really just depends on how you feel about yourself, though! I say if you get to a weight where you're happy, go with it, regardless of whether or not it meets your initial goal!
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    whhhaaat? .___. I'm 5'2 and 104lb, i can count each of my ribs and they stick out in a sickly fashion. please you really don't want to be this small. focus more on strength training and getting nice and toned! thats my goal. :frown:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have similar problems trying to figure out what ideal is. Im big boned (no really...I am haha), so I have a hard find figure out what I should been, compared to another 5'0 girl whom has a super small bone structure. I think we can all have 'goals' we look for, but it you look and feel great at a different weight, then you've still accomplished your goal. Im looking to lose weight now because I know I have a lot of access fat, but when I was around 115, I looked and felt great, even though charts say I should be like 105.
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm 5.2' and a little bit :P and I'm aiming for 125. Then I can decided how I look and feel and decide if I wanna stress over the last 5-10 pounds that would be me at my 'recommended weight'. You will know when you get there, when you feel beautiful, comfortable, happy and healthy then you know your were your suppose to be :smile:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" as well, and I am at 116 or so right now, I have a fairly athletic build, too. I am a little more jiggly than I'd like so I am trying to lose some fat, but I can't seem to lose any weight. I am toning up but staying the same weight, so it's hard to put a number on the goal I want to achieve. I say just keep working out, eat healthy and see where it goes. You may or may not lose any actual weight, but you will change the look and shape of your body. I guess that is really all any of us want to do anyway.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I would say make smaller goals 135, 125 etc. and work your way down. Something that would help you tremendously would be to get your body fat % measured (accurately) and then you would have a much clearer definition of your goal.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and currently around 120. My goal is 115 and I am definitely happy with my body as it is and 5 pounds lighter would be nice for the 'wiggle room'.

My original goal was 127 and I'm very happy that I decided to extend my goal! It wasn't easy but it was worth it!
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would say make smaller goals 135, 125 etc. and work your way down. Something that would help you tremendously would be to get your body fat % measured (accurately) and then you would have a much clearer definition of your goal.

i am actually 130 lbs already... 115 really isnt a huge goal...