I cant stop!

Options
Im a baker and I'm addicted to my own sugar cookies does anyone know how to stop a craving!!! :frown:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    add an extra ingredient to the cookies that u dont like
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great idea Missy- honestly not sure what I'd do if I were a baker- that has to be tough! Just look at it as poison for your body maybe? Maybe treat yourself to a few cookies a week! If you say
    I CAN'T HAVE COOKIES EVERY AGAIN you will want every cookie you see! :)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    on't make them when you are hugry or brush your teeth before
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Stop making them. I also love baking, but for the first month of my MFP journey I didn't bake anything. That is the only way to prevent me from eating half a bowl of cookie dough. Now, I research healthy recipes for my cravings for about a week until I find one that sounds good and is healthy. I eat celery (or put in my retainers) so that I won't eat any of the dough. After the cookies go in the oven I may take a lick of the bowl though. When they come out, I allot myself one a day. No more, no crumbs, no pieces, nothing.
  • GrapeSnatcher
    GrapeSnatcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    think about how many calories are in one cookie and only eat it if you're willing to burn it off at the gym later! Sometimes I think I want to eat something "bad" that is 150 calories and I think, do I really want to run for 30 minutes at 4 mph to burn that off? That will help you decide if you really want it (don't deprive yourself if you do) or if you are just bored/eating the food because it is in front of you.

I sympathize with you! I could never be a baker! That would take SO much self control!