Hello everyone im new how you finding it??

Options
:flowerforyou:
Hi there everyone My names Luan ive just joined as im desperate to lose weight ,,,
Discharged from hospital i discovered my ex husband was having an affair with my sister in law my world fell apart,
At my lowest i was called a disgrace of a woman and used up bagguage my self esteem hit the gutter as did my confidence ,,
Food is my comfort if im sad ,happy ,stressed ,,i turn to food i soon piled on another 4 stone i am seriously overweight and perhaps becomming obsessed with food , i joined wwatchers then sworld back n forth and got knowhere ,id put a couple of pound on then lose them then just yo yo,
I like the look of this site and am looking forward to my journey how is everyone finding it???

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The site is great and you will find lots of motivation and support...starting with me...Welcome. You have taken the first step at gaining back your self-esteem...dont let anyone steal you joy...You Are Beautiful...you didnt need those people in your life anyways!!! Make sure you add me and welcome to MFP...get to logging and get to moving sister...even if its just a few laps around the block!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    You have totally come to the right place for support and motivation, you can totally do this, try making small changes, then when you feel comfortable add in some more. You are more likely to stick with it that way, also thinking of this in the long term, rather than aiming for too much too fast. You are going to do great and you will realise you are so much better than the cheating ex, its his loss :)
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :love: This site is great! I don't know how I would have lost any weight with out it! And now it's part of my life. And the people on here are my best friends, we are all working hard to lose weight and the rest of the world can be mean about it. Feel free to add me and I would love to help support you in this healthy life style change.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi im new 2 been on about a week and a bit, is brill site
  • luanwarren37
    Options
    thankyou so much for messaging me it means a lot ,,good luck too x
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi, You've had a right tough time....sorry to hear it. Now you're on MFP you'll get all the motivation and support you need and get you back on track! x
  • happynmontana
    happynmontana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Luan!
    I am also a newcomer - just really started discovering everything this site has to offer over the last 2 days. I have also done weight watchers and yo yo'd - - so I completely understand your frustration.

Last year I purchased Jillian Michaels' book "Winning by Losing." It has a lot of insight and uses the same basics as this sight.

We all perish by lack of knowledge and that has been my biggest struggle! By finally learning the concept of how many calories our bodies burn on their own on a daily basis, I now understand how many I need to consume and how many I should be burning with exercise!

This sight will show you how to do that - - but I would also suggest purchasing "Winning by Losing" especially because it deals with emotional eating, and how to conquer it. (I am also an emotional eater.)

I hope you find the motivation with MFP that you are looking for!!!

-Dolly-
  • luanwarren37
    Options
    It seems like a good site ,,for once i feel i can do it thanx for messaging me and good luck x
  • luanwarren37
    Options
    im so overwhelmed with the support thankyou xx
  • luanwarren37
    Options
    Thankyou Dolly for that information i will purchase it ,,im so overwhelmed with the kindness of people on this site im raring to go thankyou thankyou thankyou x goodluck
  • annebernadette
    Options
    Hi Luan, you have found the right place, logging your food and exercise every day really helps to motivate you, and all the stories and support from other people. I lost 10lbs then put on 3 again over Christmas but I've lost it again now. it can feel really slow but if it's in the right direction, i'm happy.
    Good luck, you've had a hard time but you can change your life if you are ready.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing!!! If it weren't for MFP I don't know where I would be weight wise right now! The support is great!!! I wish you luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am new here- In 2006, I was up to 305lbs due to a bad breakup and bad things that went on with it. This is on 2 cents
    LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE.
    I got healthy and happy and didn't need my loser of an ex anymore!
    I don't believe in revenge per se- but LIVE WELL- and no one can stop you from being happy.
    You deserve to be happy, healthy. If it's ok I will add you, anyone here please feel free to add me.
    I lost 125lbs - kept it off 2 years and in the last 1/2 years I've put on enough to make me up 2 sizes but we can all do this together!
  • nswitch
    nswitch Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, my name is Wendy and i've been doing this for about a month or so, and I have to say it's great........lots of support and great people. I'm having a hell of job loosing any thing this week , cause I just had surgery and can't even go for a walk, eating all wrong and not even hungry. But it'll get better..........
    I hope you enjoy this site and may add me as a friend if you wish.
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey Luanwarren37! I am new to this site as well and our stories are similar. In my 20s I got motivated and with WW and a gym's help, went from 310 to 170 in 1.5 years. I kept it off for several years and then got involved with the man I now call Satan! He was messing around with a lot of women I found out later but not knowing how to handle that stress caused me to slowly gain back 100 of the 140 I had lost.
    So I come to MFP in a very different place now having dealt with all that and ready to move forward. I've loved the site's information, recipes, and connections. Most important, I feel like there is some control this site gives you yet guides the way more than WW did for me before. Only down 3.5 lbs so far but getting moving again has already made me feel so much better! Best of luck to you... feel free to add me as a friend and I'll cheer you on!