Wanting everything in sight!

Options
I am having a very difficult day today. I am BORED and therefore want to eat and indulge in something I can't or shouldn't have. We are supposed to be going out to dinner after church and I am worried I am not going to make a good choice. It is to early to fall off the wagon now....someone please help. I have tried hard candy and chewing gum and that didnt work. What do I do?

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! Burns calories and no eating! :)
  • Anolen81
    Anolen81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well.....I am now about to leave for church and will be busy there....so that is a good thing, but still trying to figure out this dinner thing :(
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    If you do not indulge I think you will fail. Just make sure the majority of your week is good. It's not sprint it's a marathon
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    salad. dressing on side. ask for diced chicken on the salad. and have maybe a whole wheat bun - no butter
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I wish I knew! I just wanted to sympathize. I'm having the same problem this weekend! I have been so good (for about 70 days) but now I just can't quit eating and I don't know why! Now I have to go out to celebrate my mom's birthday and I'm already almost out of calories. I think I'm just going to give myself permission to have an "off" weekend and start fresh tomorrow. I'd rather scrap a weekend than all of my hard work. Good luck to you!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!!!Try the mind over matter thing... If that don't help start drinking a lot of water it may help take off the edge until dinner..
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    As a fellow binger I know that when you get in that frame of mind it seems as though you cant escape it and the urge controls you. It has happened to me on various occasions. and yes, boredom is one of the causes.

If you have established that you are feeling like a binge because you are bored then the only way to combat it is to fiind something to distract yourself. preferably something that will keep your hands busy, and preferably get your hands dirty so that you wouldnt be able to pick something up and eat it, even if you wanted to.

If your house is full of food, get out your house (anywhere but a shop that sells food lol)

hope that helps.

If you are anything like me, this is all too late.

draw a line under it. move forward.

: )
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Scrub your toilet! It works for me.. the thought of eating after cleaning such a disgusting thing makes me ill and gets rid of the urge. If the urge continues find another nasty task that needs to be done around the house. It will keep you busy, get needed work done an burn calories.