High Fiber, High Protien , Low Carb Diet

Options
I was thinking about trying a High Fiber, High Protien , Low Carb Diet. Any thoughts?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You need carbs to sustain energy . . . just opt for complex carbs (NO white anything). Your best bet for good results is "everything in moderation" and not go on a temporary "diet".
    Eat as clean as you can (no processed) and get in a well balanced diet, and yes, that includes carbs. If you want to become slimmer and healthier for life you should learn to eat a well balanced diet anyway. Quick fixes (atkins, etc) do not work in the long run.
  • kallynlang
    Options
    What does your nutrient balance look like right now? You may be surprised. I am always over my goal for both protein and fiber. If you had asked me that before tracking it, I would have told you I was heavy carb. I very rarely reach my goal for sugar, fat or carb.

I agree with the above post as well. If you go the "atkins diet" route you can be sabotaging your health in the long run. Your body needs a balance of nutrients.
  • TheBull50
    Options
    I am actually pretty balanced now. I intake my calories and carbs but I am going to try to go a little lower on the carb side, increasing Fiber and Protein.
  • kallynlang
    Options
    That's great! Like the lady above said, make your carbs complex. Whole grain everything. That will also increase both your fiber and protein.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I am actually pretty balanced now. I intake my calories and carbs but I am going to try to go a little lower on the carb side, increasing Fiber and Protein.

You should keep track of my post here; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139049-my-carb-challenge

I'm going low carb for the next 20 days or so. About 115 grams a day or so.
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    The bull if your working out pretty intensely I recommend 60% Carbs 30% protein and 20% fats.
    And fiber is always great and filling I try to get close to 40 or more grams daily.
  • TiminNova
    Options
    I am pursuing a low carb diet. MPF provides a lot of helpful tools but since MPF is geared towards low calorie, some of their tools are non-applicable. There is a lot of sound thinking and research into low carb eating (diet, if it is understood that diet refers to a lifelong lifestyle)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Instead of low carb, I would try to eliminate all added sugars from your diet.

Increasing protein is always good, as well as fiber.

I have had success in the past with a low carb diet, but as soon as I ate just a few carbs, I gained it all back. It is very hard to keep up. Good luck with whatever you choose to do though!