MFP Runners Club - Oct 2nd

Options
I have had to have 2 days off because of a bad knee. I had a cruciate ligament reconstruction about 15 years ago and it is acting up a bit - swollen and slightly locked. I went to the docs yesterday and will be going to physical therapy mext week.

I am praying I will not be told to stop running - I've no idea how I would cope.

It seems better this morning but still not right, so I guess I will just have to be patient.

Hope you are all doing great.

Jane

Replies

• MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have had to have 2 days off because of a bad knee. I had a cruciate ligament reconstruction about 15 years ago and it is acting up a bit - swollen and slightly locked. I went to the docs yesterday and will be going to physical therapy mext week.

I am praying I will not be told to stop running - I've no idea how I would cope.

It seems better this morning but still not right, so I guess I will just have to be patient.

Hope you are all doing great.

Jane
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Ran a pitiful 3 miles today. My sinus cold has now turned into a chest cold. WTH!!

C'est la vie!! :flowerforyou:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Wow everyone is in pain today! FEEL BETTER!

I am not sure what I'm doing today. Either running 3-4 miles or crosstraining. It all depends on when I can get off work and how much time I have. :) I will do something, though!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I did 45 min of spin class and 30 min of turbo kickboxing this morning. GOing to get 5 miles in tomorrow!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! Sounds like lots of injuries around here! Well, I never made it to the Y y'day... flat tire on my van! It is now fixed and I will go in a little bit! My calf is feeling better, will use the elliptical and swim.

Have a good one!

Jess
  • samccarthy
    Options
    I did power yoga today. My teacher has been away for a few weeks, but now she is back and better than ever!! It was a great class. Yesterday, I did a new cardio routine where I walked at 3.5 mph and 10% for 2 min, then did 30 sec of lifting for 10 repeats, then I ran a hill program at 6.3 mph for 15 min. Felt great afterwards.

Sheryl
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I guess I will add to the injury report. I walked 3 miles this am with some girls from our running group. I tried to pick up the pain but my foot started to hurt really bad. Right at the outer edge of my foot along the ball of my foot and then the ball of my foot had a really sharp pain. I think I may not have needed to change the shoes I was wearing and this is causing my pain. I don't really know.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I guess I will add to the injury report. I walked 3 miles this am with some girls from our running group. I tried to pick up the pain but my foot started to hurt really bad. Right at the outer edge of my foot along the ball of my foot and then the ball of my foot had a really sharp pain. I think I may not have needed to change the shoes I was wearing and this is causing my pain. I don't really know.

Could be plantar fasciitis. Does it hurt at all when you aren't running?? If it is PF, it will hurt worse when you wake up in the morning (will feel like you're stepping out of bed onto broken glass). I had it while marathon training, NOT fun. Try rubbing a frozen water bottle all over the bottom of your foot & then a tennis ball. It's a great way to work out the *kinks* in your foot! HTH!

Jess
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have 7mi speedwork planned for today: 1mile warmup; 3 x1600@7:39 w/800 jogs; 1.5 mile cool down. This is the first time I've run such a long distance for my speedwork. We'll see how it goes.

Any evening runners out there? Since it is getting darker earlier, my only time to run is later, after dinner at the gym. Let me tell you, it is killing me. Any suggestions as to how to change my eating habits, so I don't feel like complete YUCK when I run. Last night I prayed that I wouldn't toss my cookies before my 7 miles was up. I felt so, so ill. I can't seem to figure out what to put in my belly that will settle well. Normally I eat a salad of some sort for dinner. When I do that, I'm crossing my fingers that I don't toot with each step I take (TMI, I know, :blushing: ). And if I eat a bowl of cereal or yogurt, it just sits in my stomach like a ton of bricks. What to do???
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 6.5 miles for me today. Great way to start the day.
    Sorry to hear about all the injury reports. :ohwell: Hope you are all feeling better soon.
    Maybe all this exercise ins't good for us! :wink: :wink: !!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Could be plantar fasciitis. Does it hurt at all when you aren't running?? If it is PF, it will hurt worse when you wake up in the morning (will feel like you're stepping out of bed onto broken glass). I had it while marathon training, NOT fun. Try rubbing a frozen water bottle all over the bottom of your foot & then a tennis ball. It's a great way to work out the *kinks* in your foot! HTH!

Jess

Jess, it does not hurt when I am not running, only when I run but after a couple of miles it stops hurting. Does that sound like the signs? Also, when I wake up in the morning it is fine.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, did Cardio X, even had another member from the gym join us so that was fun. Then did some hamstring exercises (never feel any soreness when doing leg workouts) and my physio exercises.

Hessied: Tough to do exercise after dinner. Could you just eat something like a protein bar, then eat dinner when you get home? I can't stomach milk before a workout, so cereal is definitely out and salad is harder to digest.

Sherry: I would definitely get checked out by a podiatrist. Could be you need orthotics in your shoes. I had an issue whereby the ball of my foot would start hurting and then my toes would go numb and finally be painful when I ran. Got my orthotics a month ago, and am really feeling the difference; no more numbness!

Mireille: Hope you feel better soon. Could mean a atrip to the dr is in order; antibiotics?

Have a great day everyone!

Carol
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add to the injured list. I've got whatever's going around, but I'm not head congested. Whatever it is is in my chest. I'll get on the elliptical today, but probably not anything significant.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    wow, so I am going to stay away from the lot of you :laugh: :wink: :laugh:

today was a cross-trainer day so jumped on this elliptical-thingy that was a lot of fun.... who knows!! Anyway, planning on a running day tomorrow.. dunno what is in store for the mileage just yet.