Weighing in after working out

Options
So i always weigh myself on mondays at work (work at a doctors office, i like their scales) but i'm trying to get in the habit of working out in the morning before work. Is weighing in after working out bad

Replies

• larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    you will actually weigh more riight after working out bcause your muscles are filled with fluid. I would suggest weighing as soon as you get up and go to the bathroom.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Previous poster is right. You will always weigh more after a good workout. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after the bathroom, before eating and drinking anything.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    The only real progress you'll note is when you weigh yourself on the same scales at the same time of day. Weighing after a workout might make you feel better for a while, but its not real weight - only water weight. For instance, I lose a kg in sweat when I take my Zumba classes (even though I drink almost a litre of water throughout my class), but the next morning my weight is what it should be.

Edited to say: I must be different from the posters above me, as I LOSE weight when I work out, not gain it! eeeerkk!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    it is said.............that you lose a lot of water during your workout via sweat so you might not be a true weight.

thing is....if you weigh consistently you get a consistent result. if your scale was 105lbs off and you always weighed on it, it will still show you your weekly loss or gain. the "number" might not be correct, but the variance is.

so "true weight"? if you always weigh after your workout, your results should be true.

hope that made sense. it did in my head. :huh:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    just read the other responses. don't you love conflicting answers so you're just as lost as when you first posted :noway: LMAO!

i'm referring back to an article i read, and can't recall where it was to "back up" my info. :blushing:
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    Read this, it should help Answer your Question and then some lol..........

How to weigh and measure your body

http://bit.ly/eYHR6Y
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Since I sweat like an animal during my workouts, I usually see a loss right after a work out even though I drink at least 20 oz of H2O during the workout. Noodleheadgirl is right, even if your scale is way off, you can see the change if not the accurate weight. I weigh whenever I feel like it and only log it when I have made some progress. :) Good luck!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I weigh less after workouts in the afternoon (not morning). This is how I always weigh myself and it has been consistent for the past 6 months, so I am going with it. I don't think it matters as long as you are consistent. You may weigh less because of water weight; however it really won't matter as long as you always do it the same way. The problem comes in when you weigh yourself at all different times and become discouraged because it will be one pound up or down and you never know which is your true weight.