Since I first found this wonderful site

I've just been looking at my reports since I became a member of MFP in January 2008:

January - I weighed 240lbs (I fell off the wagon after a few weeks -
trouble with previous internet provider, so unable to count my calories and chat to everyone
here :cry: )
March - August - I weighed 245lbs, I'd gained 5lbs!
September - I had a reality check! My GP told me to lose weight - my diabetes was taking over my life!
Since then, I've lost 15lbs :bigsmile:

What I'm trying to say is, If it weren't for you guys, offering me encouragement, support and friendship, I don't think I'd have coped with my new healthier lifestyle, I'm not saying it's been easy, but you guys have made it much more bearable - I no longer feel alone - THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    I've just been looking at my reports since I became a member of MFP in January 2008:

January - I weighed 240lbs (I fell off the wagon after a few weeks -
    trouble with previous internet provider, so unable to count my calories and chat to everyone
    here :cry: )
    September - I had a reality check! My GP told me to lose weight - my diabetes was taking over my life!
    Since then, I've lost 15lbs :bigsmile:

What I'm trying to say is, If it weren't for you guys, offering me encouragement, support and friendship, I don't think I'd have coped with my new healthier lifestyle, I'm not saying it's been easy, but you guys have made it much more bearable - I no longer feel alone - THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH :flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Hey we are glad to have you here too! I just started a group for motivation and some challenges to keep us going if you are interested they are in the motivation section under 30-100 and we would love to have you!
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    I understand exactly what you mean. I started here July 1st and I have NEVER been able to lose weight without starving myself. And you know what happens then, you just gain it all back and they bring their little friends! :laugh: :laugh:

I also have diabetes and have been able to reduce the amount of insulin I am taking. So there is a rainbow at the end of the trail. I happier and healthier you.

Congrats on the 15 pounds and keep writing. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • Jackie_W
    Hey we are glad to have you here too! I just started a group for motivation and some challenges to keep us going if you are interested they are in the motivation section under 30-100 and we would love to have you!

Great! i'll look out for it - thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    I understand exactly what you mean. I started here July 1st and I have NEVER been able to lose weight without starving myself. And you know what happens then, you just gain it all back and they bring their little friends! :laugh: :laugh:

I also have diabetes and have been able to reduce the amount of insulin I am taking. So there is a rainbow at the end of the trail. I happier and healthier you.

Linda

Thanks Linda, it's hard, but well worth it when we see results - especially when it helps our diabetes
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

Linda

Ditto all that-- this site has been a blessing. I'd try to keep track of what I ate in the past, and would absentmindedly pop bites of the kids' food in my mouth and not even realize it-- finish their glasses of orange juice, their last bites of ice cream-- here, I've learned to take every morsel into account.

Hubby teases me for being anal about it, but it works. There's a verse in scripture that helps here, it counsels us to "Take captive every thought-- " know what you're doing, why you're doing it, don't do things thoughtlessly, foolishly--

I take that with me into this realm, and now take captive every bite of food, and no longer thoughtlessly, mindlessly, habitually pop calories into my mouth.

That with the inspiration of those who began before me, with such great successes, helps me to stay focused.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    I so agree with ya sis! :flowerforyou: As a guy, our society tells us that we manly men should be able to sculpt our bodies merely by wishing it so. As a real man, I gotta tell ya that without all the tools, and resoureces, and mostly the wonderful family in here, I'd still be grumbling about why can't I lose weight? Hugz!:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    I so agree with ya sis! :flowerforyou: As a guy, our society tells us that we manly men should be able to sculpt our bodies merely by wishing it so. As a real man, I gotta tell ya that without all the tools, and resoureces, and mostly the wonderful family in here, I'd still be grumbling about why can't I lose weight? Hugz!:flowerforyou:

Oh bless, I coudn't agree more, I used to eat whatever I wanted - walk past a cake shop - not on ya life! I'd be in there - choosing the biggest, sugar laiden cake I could find, now I walk right past, I might look at the cakes and think - yuck look at all those fatty foods, where's the nearest health food shop???

Now, I NEVER in my wildest dreams would have said that before, but hey, a leopard CAN change it's spots - I'm living proof of it! :happy: But you HAVE to want to do it for yourself, not anyone else !!!
  • Jackie_W
    Sorry guys, I made a boo boo:

- should have been 248lbs, I'd gained 8lbs not 5lbs :blushing:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    15 lbs :noway: You are on a roll, Woman! :drinker:

Keep it Up! :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    15 lbs :noway: You are on a roll, Woman! :drinker:

Keep it Up! :flowerforyou: