What foods keep you feeling fuller for longer?

Options
Hi all,

Trying to clean up my diet this week and would like ideas on what foods keep YOU feeling fuller for longer?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Generally higher fat, high protein and/or high fiber :)

Banana, peanut butter, protein shakes, etc.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing others' answers to this post! I snack on almonds or popcorn. Bananas also keep me full.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For me it is anything like meat/high protein things or just drinking water
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    usually things that contain a mix of carbs and prots with high fiber. oatmeal w/walnuts, chicken w/brown rice & veggies....
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    protien keeps you full longer and carb are used for energy...so I would go for more protien to keep you fuller during the time of day you seem the hungriest.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there, anything high fiber and high protein keeps you full longer, The protein gives you energy and the fiber takes longer to digest and keeps you fuller longer. I love unsalted almonds, greek yogurt, fresh fruit and veggies, and love kashi go lean cereal! It's really satisfying and very low cal (120 cal) Also silk light milk has 10 grams of protein and only 60 cal. and is delicious on the kashi cereal. Lots and lots of water too:) Hope this helps~
  • bfrice1
    bfrice1 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm always startled by the tiny amount of peanut butter it takes to feel full for an entire night. Two table spoons spread over three crackers - amazing. Bananas are a good choice too. Something about their fiber content, I think. The all time best for me though, has been oatmeal.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars work in a crunch. I always keep them around. Apples and peanutbutter are a good combo.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    bump
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, peanut butter, bananas, protein shakes all work really well in keeping me full.
  • jeneren
    jeneren Posts: 10
    Options
    Bananas, oatmeal & peanut butter all sound popular!

Not sure what the Kashi Go Lean is? Maybe we don't have it in Australia? Or maybe we do! Will look into it.

Just had egg & wholegrain toast for breakfast - so will see how that goes for me.

Great suggestions! Thanks :happy:
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For me it's oatmeal. I tend to have it for breakfast a few days a week and it always makes me feel fuller longer. It's the warmth and the yummy goodness that does it for me.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Definitely Fiber One bars and bananas! Also popcorn which I love, I get the mini bags and eat it slowly, it feels like I'm eating a lot :) Oatmeal is a good one too.
  • mowrynation
    Options
    I add fiber to my shakes, that helps bulk it up and makes me fuller longer!
  • jeneren
    jeneren Posts: 10
    Options
    Fiber one bars? I wonder what they are? What sort of ingredients are in them?

Eggs seemed to be good today for breakfast, with a piece of wholegrain toast - I still wasn't hungry at lunchtime!

Some great suggestions - thanks :smile:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts that seem to keep me full and full of energy until lunchtime. 1) Slice of wholemeal seeded toast with tbsp of peanut butter and a banana and 2) 2 whole eggs with a slice of wholemeal seeded toast washed down with 100ml of fresh orange juice. They have a similar calorie content, but seem to satisfy different cravings depending on the day.

Hope you find what works for you!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Beans. I love them in my salad!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i will say not rice or pastas!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Generally higher fat, high protein and/or high fiber :)

Banana, peanut butter, protein shakes, etc.

This..........HIgher fat, moderate protein helps to keep full and satiated. This means eating less in the long run because you will be full and satisfied and won't get those cravings.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars? I wonder what they are? What sort of ingredients are in them?

Eggs seemed to be good today for breakfast, with a piece of wholegrain toast - I still wasn't hungry at lunchtime!

Some great suggestions - thanks :smile:

If you are trying to clean up your eating plan, Fiber One bars you want to stay far away from. They are anything but clean eating.

Here is a web address with the ingredients of the Fiber One bars. There is so much sugar............Fructose, High Maltose Corn Syrup and Sugar........ Nothing but a bunch of sugar - glorified candy bar.

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/~/media/images/brands/nutritional_images/fiber_one/fiberonechewybarsoatschocolate102.ashx