Just wanted to say 'Hello' and introduce myself !

Options
JaXXster
JaXXster Posts: 25 Member
Hi, I'm Jackie (Jaxster to my friends) and I am loving this website! I stumbled across it while looking for apps on my phone last week after reading about a similar site in a newspaper.

I've been a yo-yo dieter for a number of years, was never a skinny child, and was always on the plump side. Even at my slimmest, UK size 12, I weighed heavy. At my biggest I was UK size 24, that was 9 years ago, I'm now size 16/18 and have been that for the last 6 or so years. I've recent started putting weight on, almost 12lb since Christmas and I know it is down to irregular eating habits, I work a bar in the evening at weekends and most of the time hardly eat all day then will have a couple of beers each night and because I am so hungry when I finish my shift, have a takeaway, usually Indian, and then fall straight into bed! I've also had recent health issues which are ongoing.

So, here I am, and with the support and encouragement from my beautiful friends at work who have also joined up and possibly some of you also, I know that I can get fitter, healther, slimmer and be happy and confident with the way I look.

Thanks for reading

x

Replies

• aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic site! Good luck!!
  • JaXXster
    Options
    Thanks Alicia, I'm really excited and have been so inspired already by the stories I've read about other members. Well done on your weight loss so far too !
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You will love this site.
  • JaXXster
    Options
    Thank you Missy, good luck with the run in July !
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is a great place to be! Good Luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • JaXXster
    Options
    Thanks jd and Mishy . . . 52 lb wow that is fantastic! Go girl!!