Zumba calories???

Options
nakami
nakami Posts: 34 Member
How many calories you burn on average during 1 hour Zumba class?

Replies

• beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have only measured once and I burned 828 calories.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Alot depends on your weight.... but they say anywhere from 600-1000 calories per hour. I know my instructor pushes us hard to get us as close to the max as possible. Haven't worn my HRM there yet but I know the instructor is tiny and she is burining around 600 herself.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    it reaalllly varies.. I'm 772
  • CodyAnne
    CodyAnne Posts: 20
    Options
    I have an app that I logged "dancing" into on my android & for 70 minutes (to include cooldown) it said I burned 343. The app is Cardio Trainer by WorkSmart Labs.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Depends on the instructor. I normally burn 260 calories with my normal instructor in a 45 minute class. She brought in a 'master' and I burned 470 calories in 1 hour. Yesterday after doing an hour of kickboxing, I burned 316 calories in 45 minutes. I have burned anywhere from 260-360 with my current instructor, depending on the song lineup she has that day. Your best bet is to get an HRM.
  • nakami
    Options
    WOW!!! Had no idea you can burn so many calories!!! :bigsmile: Always thought it`s around 400-500, but 700-1000! I love it even more now :)
  • nakami
    Options
    Thanks. I will get one to find out. My teacher usually does 5 min warm -up, 1 hours intense workout and 5 min cool down. I sweat a lot!!! Feel much more tired then after running...
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I used to burn around 700 now I can barely get 300.... I still sweat like crazy but I think my body has gotten used to it. This is according to my HRM.
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I wear my HRM to every class and burn between 350-400 per hour. I'm 128 lbs, 5'3"
  • nakami
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. Getting HRM for this week class :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. Getting HRM for this week class :)

Be sure and get one that has a chest strap...the ones with the touch sensor are not accurate at all. I recommend a Garmin if you can afford one, because they can interact with Garmin's free software and it shows you a ton of useful information. I have a Garmin FR60 and I LOVE it! Academy has Timex for about $60-$70 and Wal-Mart has a cheaper one for about $50.

As far as calories burned, it depends on a lot of things. I weigh a lot so naturally I'm going to burn more calories. I usually burn 900-1000 during my zumba class. A lot of that, though, depends on how in to it you get. Some people don't do zumba with as much umph as others and so they won't burn as much. You definitely get out what you put in to zumba. Keep shakin'!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and I burn anywhere from 375 calories up to 660 calories per 1hr class... but MOST classes are around 500 calories. It really depends on the teacher and the choreography for each class. If I get a high-energy teacher that picks intense songs and really pushes me, it's a much better burn. There are certain instructors I have avoided because I just don't think their routines are challenging enough. If I end up burning less than 500 calories I make up the difference on a cardio machine.
  • justin_time
    Options
    the most accurate way is to use a HRM, however for a quick easy to use tool based on metabolic averages using your weight and workout intensity level try http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt