10 things I've learned in just 36 hours..............

Options
1. I'm not overweight, I'm in the obese catergory. I honestly didn't know that until 36 hours ago.

2. I now know what portion control is. I thought because I don't eat sweets that I was okay, not true. When eating non-stop, the calorie and fat intake is overwhelming.

3. The difference between a leisurely walk and a "brisk" fast-paced walk is HUGE!!!

4. I cannot do a "brisk" fast-paced walk while carrying my 29 lb. granddaughter on my back without causing myself to have a severe asthma attack.:laugh:

5. I cannot jump on my hubby's Total Body Workout machine and do 30 minutes of resistance excercise without making my entire body shake, including my eyelids and teeth.:noway:

6. I now know what a serving size of fruits and veggies is, thanks to a post someone made on here.

7. Although I like my bottled water at room temperature, adding Green Tea or Crystal Lite to room temperature water is wayyyy gross!! :sick:

8. I now know there are other people who have some of the same issues with weight and control, etc. out there and I'm not alone.

9. I know I've somehow managed to lose 2 lbs. since yesterday morning? I'm not complaining, just confused as to how that happened.:smile:

10. And finally, I know that I cannot do this on my own. I need support and apparently my family thinks I just need to have my hair done to feel better about myself.:huh: So I'm going to have to depend on ya'll to help me through this.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

94358.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• susan62
    Options
    1. I'm not overweight, I'm in the obese catergory. I honestly didn't know that until 36 hours ago.

2. I now know what portion control is. I thought because I don't eat sweets that I was okay, not true. When eating non-stop, the calorie and fat intake is overwhelming.

3. The difference between a leisurely walk and a "brisk" fast-paced walk is HUGE!!!

4. I cannot do a "brisk" fast-paced walk while carrying my 29 lb. granddaughter on my back without causing myself to have a severe asthma attack.:laugh:

5. I cannot jump on my hubby's Total Body Workout machine and do 30 minutes of resistance excercise without making my entire body shake, including my eyelids and teeth.:noway:

6. I now know what a serving size of fruits and veggies is, thanks to a post someone made on here.

7. Although I like my bottled water at room temperature, adding Green Tea or Crystal Lite to room temperature water is wayyyy gross!! :sick:

8. I now know there are other people who have some of the same issues with weight and control, etc. out there and I'm not alone.

9. I know I've somehow managed to lose 2 lbs. since yesterday morning? I'm not complaining, just confused as to how that happened.:smile:

10. And finally, I know that I cannot do this on my own. I need support and apparently my family thinks I just need to have my hair done to feel better about myself.:huh: So I'm going to have to depend on ya'll to help me through this.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, get your hair done too! Your gonna need a new doo for the new you!!

This place is wonderful. I have changed my entire outlook on food and exercise.

I too was SHOCKED to be in the obese area when I started. Jeez Louise!

Welcome and I cant wait to see what you accomplish, and what you teach ME!

:flowerforyou:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well the most wonderful thing of all is that by learning these things you have allready made the huge progress towards becoming the new you!!!
  • sabes2631
    Options
    LOL at #9 :laugh:
    same here... i love weighing in when i wake up ... makes me motivated for the day when it is on the lower side :)
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Memory Maker
    Ijust joined MyFitnesspal 3 days ago. Ican really relate to your blog, Susan62. Keep it up. Do not quit or get discouaraged. I hope you will post another message. Replies welcome.
    greenbaum9
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    You dont ever have to do it alone. We are all here for u.:flowerforyou:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    how are you? how are you and the grandkids doing?
    :flowerforyou: greenbaum9
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    3. The difference between a leisurely walk and a "brisk" fast-paced walk is HUGE!!...

5. I cannot jump on my hubby's Total Body Workout machine and do 30 minutes of resistance excercise without making my entire body shake, including my eyelids and teeth.:noway: ...

7. Although I like my bottled water at room temperature, adding Green Tea or Crystal Lite to room temperature water is wayyyy gross!! :sick: ...

You are too cute! :flowerforyou:
  • Laynee
    Laynee Posts: 45
    Options
    Those are great observations! I'm sure we could all come up with some of our own. And I love your sense of humor - something we all need on this weight loss journey! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Where did you find what "category" your in - I know I'm in the obese now but I'd like to know at what weight I wouldn't be....
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Wow, that is great! :drinker: I don't feel like I have been nearly as productive with my last 36 hours, lol.

Take it easy on the exercise at first! You need to build up, especially if you haven't been exercising in a while. No need for eyelids to be shaking! :laugh:

As for the weight loss, I love this site b/c it trys to make our totally complicated bodies work like a simple formula. Technically, I am sure they actually do work like that, but all sorts of interesting things (ie, fluid retention) throw off the real numbers. Take the bonus pound and be thrilled! My bonus pounds usually come in the +1 variety!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Where did you find what "category" your in - I know I'm in the obese now but I'd like to know at what weight I wouldn't be....

This doesn't exactly answer that question BUT here's a site that helps you determine your frame size and healthy weight...free of course!

http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight-3146-143.html
  • beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    knowledge is half the battle. You can't change what you don't acknowledge! So here is to making the first big steps towards a happier, healthier you!
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Go to the tools section and down to the BMI calculator. That will give you a chart that shows this for your height.

Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou: