Help

Options
I'm new here to Myfitnesspal!! I LOVE IT. I have really realized what I am doing wrong but I don't know how to fix it. I'm staying at 1200 calories or under but I am eating all the wrong things. How do I make myself eat the right things?

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Don't BUY the wrong things. We quit buying crappy food so that we're not tempted to eat it. Also, make a weekly, biweekly, or monthly menu and only buy groceries according to that menu. You'll save a lot of money and a lot of calories if you plan ahead. Also, try snacking throughout the day on healthy snacks. You shouldn't go more than 4-5 hours without eating something, or else you're more likely to binge when you do eat. Make sure you get a good breakfast with protein in it, too.
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. What has helped me make better choices is first, to post my food/exercise public. Also, looking at my friend's food diary has helped me try new things, also, reading health magazines/articles on importance of vitamins in food for my body.
    Good luck, it's not always easy, but if you give yourself ONE cheat day a week, it will be much easier knowing that you can have the stuff you crave on your cheat day.
    And of course, don't forget to eat a healthy snack between meals so you don't get too hungry.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    you should not be eating less than 1200 cals - at least 1200 !!

eat small meals that contain protein and carbs every 3 hours

don`t skip breakfast

try and plan your day in advance

buy the right things

I`m on the road a lot so I like the small pre packed cheese sticks, 60 cal yougurts, fruits , 90 cal bags of rice crackers for snacks - easy to carry

I also found buying small containers to take food to work makes measuring easy