I feel awful! I need advice to get back!

Options
I just got back from a four day conference in San Francisco, and I feel really gross! On the upside I did a lot of walking all across the city, on the down side I ate so much bread, cheese, high calorie foods. Now what! How do I get back on track???

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Just do it!
    jUMP BACK IN!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    It's a new day. Start fresh in the morning with a healthy breakfast and a great big jug of water! Make a good choice for lunch and try to exercise tomorrow as well!!! You'll see, it comes right back to you!!!

Good job on the walking.. .that will surely help!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    start now....one day at a time....and don't dwell on yesterday!
  • rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, don't let a bad streak break you, we all have those times, just get right back on track and you will feel better about yourself soon.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    When I've had a similar situation I focus on starting the day with a good workout and breakfast. Follow my food intake close and drink plenty of water. I do the same thing even with a one day off track.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Real simple. Get back on track at the next meal. Take it one step at a time, one bad meal is hardly the end of the world, no reason to throw in the towel.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a four day conference in San Francisco, and I feel really gross! On the upside I did a lot of walking all across the city, on the down side I ate so much bread, cheese, high calorie foods. Now what! How do I get back on track???
    Learn from your mistake. Don't do it again :)
    Anytime you have to eat fast food I recommend subway. On wheat bread of course.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    just jump back in it.
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree, jump back to it. And drink lots and lots of water. Itll help re-regulate your body and clear out all of the extra sodium you probably ate. Im going to NY next week and Im super nervous about how Im going to manage it. Trying to eat well and get in a good workout while out of town is going to be extremely difficult for me.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation 5 day conference in San Francisco! You'll be fine with all the walking you had to do around the city, you'll be surprise how that offset all those calories you think you endured! Start anew today!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    For me, it's HARD to get back on track after having even one day off. It's way easier for me to stay on track then to get back on track. One thing that always helps is to keep reminding myself that it only takes just one good day to get back on. So make tomorrow your one good day and then just continue after that.

Plus, drink lots and lots of water and in a few days most of the weight you put on (if you did) will likely go away.

Remember - you only need one good day...... (that's what I need anyway). Good luck!
  • momofcami
    momofcami Posts: 45
    Options
    I think part of the challenge is being able to get past our "transgressions" (lol for lack of more appropriate terminology!) and move on, get back on track. It happens to the best of us...I would even go so far as to say that it's healthy to let go every once in while. Once you're able to bounce back from a bad period you will know that you're that much more in control. Good luck! Just keep remembering how well you've done so far!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the love and support!!! I am back! I had a healthy breakfast and I purchased an HRM that calculated my calorie burn!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

First, you calm down. This is not an 'all or nothing' business.

Then you just go back on plan NOW. No, you don't wait for tomorrow. No, you don't give yourself a blowout before going back on plan. You just get back on plan, NOW.

Any missteps are what they are. They're over and done with. All that matters is what you do NOW.

Too many of us are rigid, blcak and white thinkers. We ate 25 more calories at lunch than we wanted to and hey, the day is shot to hell! NO, NO IT'S NOT. Just get right back on the plan. This is NOT an all or nothing, zero-sum game. It's a process. It's about decisions we make in the here and now.

So make a decision. ;)