Wake up call

Options
Hi, I have high blood pressure and am scheduled for cataract surgery for the first eye in 2 weeks. I found this website today and like the food counter. Wish me luck! Counting Sodium has proven to be easier than I thought. They'll send me home if I don't fix this!

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And Good Luck. You will love this web site.
    :smile:
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new here also, liking it so far. I worked for 10 yrs at an Ophthalmology office-cataract surgery should go smoothly-good luck. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Bartlettlady
    Options
    Welcome. You'll really enjoy this website with all the support and resources that are at your fingertips. Good luck with your surgery and your progress with all else.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd pass on this valuable information about bilberry. Not only is it good at helping prevent cataracts, it's also quite effective for the eyesight of people with diabetes. The following quote has been taken from http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/Does_Bilberry_Help_Cataracts

"While cataracts can be removed by a relatively safe and painless surgical procedure, surgery does not restore eyesight back to normal. As such, prevention is better than cure, when it comes to cataracts. As an herbal remedy, bilberry offers a natural way to prevent or treat cataracts."

To read the article in its entirety please copy and paste the url.

Good luck with your surgery.