Hi everyone!

samantha1779
samantha1779 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! I'm Sam and I'm really glad I heard about myfitnesspal! I'm hoping to lose around 30-40 lbs over some time and heard this was a good place to get started. All my family is over weight and I really don't want to follow in their footsteps. Several of my aunts and uncles have passed away to heart disease caused by obesity. So, feel free to add me as a friend and we can start this journey together! Good luck to all!

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Welcome to MFP.
    You are going to enjoy this site. There are a lot of great people here that are very supportive.

I hope to read about your success story here soon.

Take care and have fun.
  • skillen
    skillen Posts: 8
    Hi Sam,
    I heard about this site from a zumba class attendee and I've been doing zumba( since dec.) one day a week and following this (with some off days ..of course) for 2 weeks and I've lost 3.4 pounds. If you have a Zumba class near you I suggest you try a few...I went to 2 before I found the instuctor I liked. My dads side of the family are large people too and I said no not me. I have no will power and I hate veggies but, this is working. Today was my first weigh in so I was very surprised that I had lost weight already.
This discussion has been closed.