I have made prograss, but now the hard part

Options
I have lost a total of 100 lbs (33 since joining myfitnesspal.com) and now I am at the really hard part, trying to lose the excess fat in my stomach and inner thighs. I workout regularly (3 times a week with a trainer and at least 2 additional days on my own) and need ideas on how to get the fat off. I know I have lost the pounds, but when I look in the mirror all that stares back at me is the excess stomach fat that I carry. What worked for you?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Midge

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Your going to have to do more cardio and try building more muscle. The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn daily.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Continue your workouts and eating healthy things. You will need to build lean muscle, and yep, keep losing pounds. The pounds will hopefully vanish in the form of your body fat. Ask your trainer about calorie goals to help sustain you through your tough workouts, while still creating a small deficit.

Basically, you need to use energy to convince your body to eat up the 'energy' that is hidden away in your body fat. As you use this fat energy, the fat reduces, and you will notice a tightening up of many areas. There is no way to specify to your body where you want the fat to disappear, it will decide on it's own.
  • julielasley
    Options
    HI, Congrats on the weight loss!! Those are the really hard parts to tone. I recommend, what has worked for me, is cut out sodas and excess sugar and salt,. You don't want to retain water, especially in the belly. It won't happen over night, just keep going and don't give up. Stay away from diet soda and anything containing aspartame. Studies have shown aspartame has slowed metabolism as well as slowed weigh loss. Good luck!!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That is awesome!!! Since Oct...you lost 100??? I hope it comes off quick for me too : ) CONGRATS!!!!
  • midge3265
    midge3265 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That is awesome!!! Since Oct...you lost 100??? I hope it comes off quick for me too : ) CONGRATS!!!!
    Only 33 lbs since October. Has taken about a year and 9 months for the entire 100 lbs.
  • midge3265
    midge3265 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I am definately making progress, but it is hard to get past "ME!" I am (and always have been) my toughest critic. I look in the mirror and all I see is the fat. I am expecting that it should be gone by now. I try to keep it in perspective, it took me a good lot of years to put all that weight on and it will take me a good lot of years to take it off and lose the fat.

:smile: