Connected with Facebook

Options
Has anyone connected their Myfitnesspal thingy to Facebook? I am considering doing this but I am curious what all it posts on your facebook and why people use it? If you have it connected please tell me if you like it?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have and now I modified it that only my exercise and weight losses post. I felt like everyone was getting too much info. It posts right to your wall, so everyone can see it. Not that I mind, but I don't want people getting fed up with me. That said, I think when I post a great workout it can be motivational to certain others who may need some inspiration! That's why I've left it on for now. I might change it later, but we'll see!!!
  • beautymkt
    beautymkt Posts: 60
    Options
    all it does is post your wall status, if you have it set up that way. For example, I have my exercise post on facebook so that my friends on FB can cheer me on as well. You can set up the settings how you want it
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    You are able to choose what posts to Facebook and what does not. . .I think most use it as extra motivation by also having their Facebook friends along for the journey :smile: I have had some trouble getting connected but I think mine is finally working (fingers crossed) I haven't been doing so good on here lately so I haven't had much to post as practice! :embarassed:
  • lockedonna
    Options
    I have mine set to post onto facebook...when I exercise, when I complete my food diary and when I lose. It's very helpful for me because my facebook friends cheer me on through this process as well and my MFP friends. It's also caused 3 of my friends to sign up for MFP so far and they love it just as much as me! I respond well to positive feedback and by posting on facebook, I get a little more of it! It's your choice though.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    On accident I did. I am friends with all women on here with the exception of 2 men. So...when I am on my "wall" I have a tendency to address my group of friends as "ladies". Well one night I was so excited because my panties had gotten so loose that I needed to buy new smaller ones. So I posted, "guess what ladies?? I have a new NSV!! My panties are too big!!" Later that night I was checking my facebook and scrolling through my newsfeed. I was mortified to see that I had somehow inadvertently checked the box to have my stuff post to fb!!:blushing: I do not share this stuff with them. This is my "safe place" to come with all of my weight loss and lifestyle issues. I keep the two very separate! I am friends with my pastor on facebook for pete's sake!! I deleted the comment and then made a new post on facebook that said, "for those of you that got the honor of reading about me needing new panties....I am sorry, but I really do! I have lost 18 pounds"!! I just had to laugh at myself!!:laugh: