Just thought this would be interesting....

Options
I ran across this website and thought it would be informative.

http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing. good information.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    thank you , there are some good tips on there, ive been eating beans bacon and sweetener in my tea and coffee :(
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Very useful - thanks for sharing
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    The thing I dislike about this sort of thing is that it makes people think that they can't lose weight if they have any of those foods even in moderation.

I am currently losing weight at a consistent and safe rate yet I still have diet soft drink, coffee, honey, bacon, mints, popcorn etc. I Admit that I've only eaten bacon once since starting my weight loss this time around and I regret the big popcorn binge a few weeks back but I have still taken those things into my body.

Moderation is key, of course. I guess a beginner weight loser will not be able to eat these things in moderation so the message this site sends is to avoid them all together until you have the discipline to eat them in moderation.
  • helluva4
    helluva4 Posts: 51
    Options
    You're right. But it's so many people who have success doing it various ways. I know for me, I can look at soda and bread and gain weight. You can enjoy certain foods in moderation. But like you said, once you're mastered it and have discipline!
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info...there are a lot of other links attached to that one that are informative also