Body Image

Options
Just for my curiosity what is your ideal body type for a lady? I don't know how to post pics but here are some that come to mind.

Gina Carano female mma fighter. Strong and hard. muscular but not boyish.
Victoria's secret model. Thin, space between thighs a rack that looks good in a push up bra but not any other curves.
Crystal renn plus sized model. round and soft. lots of curves but healthy and confident.
anushka shetty bollywood actress. active soft curvy definite waist definition.
American apparel model. ambiguous void of curve boyish and slender.

I feel bombarded with ideal female figures and wondered about other peoples thoughts.

Replies

• bfrice1
    bfrice1 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm a fan of your own natural shape. I'm an apple now, but when I'm thin, I'm kind of boyish and wide. OUtside of surgery, I'll never have curves like say, Marilyn Monroe. Whatever you are - whether it's pear, curvy or boyish, then rock that pear, those curves, or your boy jeans. You'll look best when you have confidence in what you've already got.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This is currently what I aspire to look like. I think fit healthy women are sexy.
    bodyidol.jpg
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I second that msbanana.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I really don't think there should be a certain image we should have to have in order to be accepted. I do not think it's ok to be unhealthy and over weight, but saying that one certain look is how women (or men) should look is wrong in my opinion. I think it's best to embrace our own body shape and make the best of that if that makes sense. :)

BTW, I'm not saying you can't have a goal, or a certain image you want to achieve. I'm just saying people shouldn't define one body type as the "right" kind, and another body type as "wrong" just because it's different.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This is currently what I aspire to look like. I think fit healthy women are sexy.
    bodyidol.jpg

To each their own I guess. This picture would not be my ideal. Too skinny for my all American taste! The girl in my ticker is my wife. and she is just about right!
  • ameaston22
    Options
    I don't think there is a "one size fits all" ideal body type. I have, and always will be, a pear shape. I've had three kids and my big hips aren't going anywhere regardless of what I weigh.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4648248.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods