Feel great until. . . .

Options
Hey! Just thought that I would vent a little bit!

I've been feeling great with my weight loss! I'm very proud of myself and excited to see results after a really long time stuck at one weight! I lost about 30 pounds around a year ago (my husband was training for the Army, so I lost with him) but hadn't lost anything since then. UNTIL I joined MFP about 5 weeks ago. Since then I've lost 5 pounds.... dead on for my goals! YAY!!!

It's amazing, though, how I can get down in the dumps so quickly! Today all it took was looking at a picture of myself on my husband's phone. :( I don't act on the discouragement, ie give up exercising or eating right, but it just gets me kinda depressed. I'll feel like I'm doing SO well and then I see the picture and realize just how big I am and just how much more I have to do!!

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What you need to understand is that you might have a slightly distorted body image. What you see as huge others would see as normal. Just stay focused on your achievment and dont be so hard on yourself. I have known women who have lost over 100 pnds and say they still feel like "The fat girl" when its obvious to everyone else they aren't.
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What you need to understand is that you might have a slightly distorted body image.

100% agree with this. People don't see you the same way you see yourself (if that makes sense!)

Also, well done on your weight loss so far, it's a great effort. Hang in there!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I might agree with this if I had lost a significant amount of weight, but I don't feel like enough has come off yet. Actually, I think I struggle with feeling like I look GREAT and in my head still think that I'm 130 lbs. like I was when I was 18, and then I seem to get surprised when I look in the mirror or at a picture and realize that that's not the case anymore!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Its a day by day process you did not get overweight overnight, the same applies to weight loss, it will take time be patient and so long as you maintain a work ethic that will keep you heading in the right path then that is all that counts.
  • MandaMH
    MandaMH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago. Stick to it and just believe that every little bit adds up. By the time I hit my goal it was the other way around. I thought I looked like I did before I lost weight and was pleasantly surprised when I saw pictures, or even my reflection. It will get better. :smile: