New and loving it!

Options
Hey all, I'm Karina, from Canberra Australia. I'm 31 years of age. I've tried for years to loose all this weight. But nothing would work. I did fall pregnant through IVF in 2009, but sadly lost my little girl she was only six days old. In that time I went back to emotional eating. It wasn't so much that, it was the fact that I had nothing to do as I wasn't working, and was isolated in a country town. Now I am more determined then ever. I joined Myfitnesspal as a form of motivation for me. I'm so close to my goal, and then my next its not even funny. I need more encouragement to keep going, and to think of ways to eat healthy. I was also referred to this site through a wonderful friend of mine.

I have lately been diagnosed with a VERY underactive thyroid and that's an understatement. My level was 150, normal is 0-4 they have recently upped the dosage of it so am hoping it's back to normal wouldn't that be fab? My family have a history of diabetes, being that my dad has it. I think type 2? so I am regularly checked for that so far all clear! WOOHOO

My family? Well I'm married to a lovely husband called Dave, and he is into body building himself. We currently live with my parents, and they are in their sixties and both retired. I have two older brothers who don't live in the ACT, they live in NSW. My eldest brother is married with four children and lives in a beautiful area near the beach. So jealous. My other brother lives in Sydney almost in the city. I think. Can't keep track of him. I do have a family of my own, even though my daughter isn't with us, she's here in spirit, and we're always a family.

anything else you want to know about me just ask away I don't bite! ;)

Replies