I have never been so happy to be overweight!!!!

Options
sdoherty1000
sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
You know that thin line between obese and overweight? Well i passed it, the wife now has an overweight husband and the kids have an overweight dad...BUT, i am no longer obese!!!! It has probably added about 5 years to my life expectancy by losing 13kgs, thats 29lbs to you guys over the pond.

I can fit into a size 36 jeans instead of a 38/40 (shop depending) and cutting toe nails is far easier without the massive belly causing an obstacle.

I started this journey 8 weeks ago and would never of dreamed of getting this far!!! I thought i didnt do diets and exercising etc etc but I just wanted to say IF I CAN DO IT.....ANYBODY CAN!!!!

18kgs to go to target weight and just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone on this site, my beautiful wife and the biggest thank you goes to my 9 year old daughter that has given the inspiration to carry on onto a healthier lifestyle.

Remember people "every journey starts with a single step"

Replies

• sapiers
    sapiers Posts: 14
    Options
    congrats! I just passed that line myself for many of he same reasons, keep up the good work!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Congratulations...wonderful news!!! You're an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    well done you and keep up the good work add me if you like:smile:
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Well done you!! :D
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That would feel good, congrats!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    that is amazing u r doing awesome. good luck on the rest of ur journey.
  • hooliganlee
    Options
    Well done mate. Congratulations. How can I work out how far I have to go to be overweight? I so wish I was overweight! HaHa
  • Pattyhansen951
    Options
    I completely understand what you are talking about. I started my journey November 1, 2010 and since then have lost 48 pounds. I am aiming to lose 120 pounds total. This experienced has changed how I feel about myself and what I am truly capable of. If you ever need a bit of motivation check out my blog: goodbyechocolatecake.blogspot.com. Goodluck on your journey.
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    Iam So glad I logged on today !!! This story was a true inspiration for Me!! Thanks for sharing what you have accomplished!!!!!! I Have a little more fire under my belt to say " I CAN DO THIS " Thanks again for sharing means alot .... And sending you a BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSE!!!!! HORAY:bigsmile:
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's a huge milestone! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Well done mate. Congratulations. How can I work out how far I have to go to be overweight? I so wish I was overweight! HaHa

For those using a mobile application on an iphone or android I use a app called targetweight on the iphone which tracks bmi and weight and tells you a date that you will reach your target weight on. I have found the app to be brilliant for the purpose i have intended for and would recommend it to anyone / everyone.

Has anyone ever set up a profile on the wii fit and the little character goes from a twig to a large pear shape and tells you your obese well the same bmi chart is featured on "targetweight" minus the character of cause. I was ashamed when i was stood on the wii fit board and the little dude went from being little to this big mass of colour.

It has helped me with my journey and maybe a simple little (free) app can help you as well
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Well done dude!!!
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Your words are motivational enough, I didnt even think that people would find motivation from my post so a big THANK YOU for your comment.

Believe me when i say this people, I have suffered with weight depression for many years to the extent where it takes over your life, I refused to look at myself in a mirror, I refused to be seen topless by anyone but myself and i refused to understand the health implications by being overweight. We went to london in January 2011 for the weekend and my wife took a photo of me and when i looked at that photo i was shocked and embarassed by how big i looked ( i had just eaten at gordon ramsays restaurant lol) and that 1 photo led me to saying "enough excuses" you are gunna do this before it kills you!!! From there i found out about this little amazing app called myfitnesspal and for the first time in a long long time i was able to see a light at the end of the tunnel, the wife then made me go out walking for a 4 mile brisk walk and at the end i nearly died....I ached all over!!! then i went more frequent and upped it to a 6 mile walk 3 x a week then I upped it again to just under 9 miles, but somewhere in there i started jogging and to my amazment i could actually jog (not far) but i jogged!!

I have always suffered from bad knees and being a plumber where I kneel down most of the day hasnt helped but thats where disaster struck- both knees were agony to the point it felt like I was walking on broken glass!!! Every time i put my foot down pains would shoot up my leg from my ankle to my knees!!!! a quick prescription later and a decent knee support and we got back out on the saddle.

I was unfit and lazy minded so I have complete faith in myself now that I will achieve my goals and i know for a fact if i can do it anybody can do it.

I still have a long way to go but the more lbs i lose the more i gain in self confidence and self worth

"if you fail to prepare then you prepare to fail"
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is lovely and good luck on your journey. I know your wife and daughter are proud of their dad..no matter what size you are/were! Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congratulations. it's a big milestone!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I was celebrating when I became overweight as well. It is such a good feeling.
  • cgcotten
    cgcotten Posts: 51
    Options
    If I had not read up on this very subject I would not have a clue what you are talking about. I would have told you they were one in the same. Congratulations on obtaining a huge goal, hopefully I won't be too far behind you!! :)
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I did a similar check yesterday and found out that I'm now overweight too. I've never been happier to be called overweight. So I totally relate to your happiness. Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!