Crude but Honest...

Options
How would one log a strenuous session of lovemaking? I know that it's a good burn, but this site doesn't seem to have an option. If anyone dares to answer, I'd be curious to see what I should put in. Frankly, wearing a HRM to bed is a bit of a distraction and perhaps a hint at obsessing a bit much on my exercise...still...LOL. The community's thoughts on this question?

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There was a site for calories burned, I can't remember the site, it was posted here. But, it's not as many cals as you think. A hour of vigorous burned maybe 100 some odd cals.
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wearing a HRM to bed is maybe a wee bit over the top but maybe you could log it in as a right good hours general workout. Well done lol. Some of us only get an hour on the exercise bike lol
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't that depend on your position? And what you're doing. I mean, If you're just laying there letting your guy/girl do most of the work, It can't be that good exercise.

I dunno. I don't do sex. Men are scary... Women too for the matter. People are scary.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Log it as Calisthenics- closest thing!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I second this site it has both foreplay and sex lol
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes i am the nerd that used my hrm one night for a normal session and kept checking my heart rate throughout. i only wore it the once just to get an idea of what i burn personally. So i guess you could say i am proud to admit it. hubby didn't mind at all. He wanted to wear it to see what it does for him too. lol. just talk to your partner and invest in a hrm!!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I agree with tifanieb. Invest in them ^_^

One of my MFP wore her HRM and figured it out, and created a new exercise, titled it "Sex". We all had a good chuckle about that lol
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! It's going down as calisthenics till the HRM makes it's way into my home. Considering the fact that my partner is a body builder, I'm thinking he won't mind if I done one for the sake of curiosity. LOL. You guys rock.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious? Wearing a HRM when you're with your other half? :huh:

I've heard it all now.

And to log it as Calisthenics??? :noway:

Next we'll have a thread on whether you need to eat back your "exercise calories" from shagging.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i dare everyone to get the HRM on next time they are getting a bit of action and report the calories burned.... i don't think any men would object if that meant they were going to get a bit of action...
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Hell no. He'll tell me to put more effort in... :wink: :tongue:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't log it myself.

I consider it normal daily activity...
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    LOVE this topic btw. Hey, I say that the harder you work, the more calories you burn. Get creative and have fun!
  • Upsy_Daisy
    Upsy_Daisy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just for a laugh I typed in the datebase the man's result so to speak and to my surprise its in there.......................

Ewwww
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the honest question, I have been wondering it myself but I choose not to add it. I consider those free calories like when i walk to the bathroom or cafeteria and take 3 flights of stairs just helps the number on the scale shrink at the end of the week.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious? Wearing a HRM when you're with your other half? huh

I've heard it all now.

And to log it as Calisthenics??? noway

Next we'll have a thread on whether you need to eat back your "exercise calories" from shagging.

AGREED.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Are you people serious? Wearing a HRM when you're with your other half? :huh:

I've heard it all now.

And to log it as Calisthenics??? :noway:

It's already been done!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    "Can you slow down a bit please, I'm no longer in my fat burning zone."

"But I'm doing HIIT..."

"Oh!"
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't see why asking a question has to be made fun of so bad around here. I am curious too how many calories it would burn, but my normal sessions are not "swinging from the chandelier" strenuous so I doubt it burns much more than folding laundry (which I also don't log). But its still a fun idea.

I agree, why not wear the HRM. Love and love-making should be fun sometimes.