Lent Progress

Options
Morning All!

Just wondering for those of you that have given up something for lent how it's going?
We are coming up to our first week and had our first weekend when it can get tricky! :ohwell:

Is it true that you get Sunday's off Lent?? :indifferent:

Replies

• ursurs
    ursurs Posts: 1
    Options
    And St Patricks Day.
  • Tina1128
    Tina1128 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm doing okay -- had a bit of a struggle this weekend -- put something in my mouth THEN realized it had sugar and had to get rid of it! Doh!

I've never heard of Sunday's off....... wishful thinking?:happy:
  • nthornton87
    Options
    yes it is true for some christian sectors to feast on a sunday. but i think its a slippery slope!!! STAY STRONG!
  • soneill6
    soneill6 Posts: 2
    Options
    You do get sundays off, since it's supposedly the day of rest, but personally i think defeats the object of lent!
    I've given up anything that obviously contains sugar such as cakes, biscuits, sweets, chocolate etc, it's going well so far, i don't even crave any of it!
    :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Still no sodas and no candy. I'm not even missing them.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    staying strong with no chocolate. Yes it is true that you can have "sunday's off" but thats a personal choice as well. I am trying to go the whole time with no chocolate.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I gave up my scale, and so far I'm doing great. No, you don't get Sundays off, or St. Patty's day...lol
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sunday's aren't counted into the 40 days of Lent (Six weeks of Monday through Saturday gives you 36 days. If you add to them Ash Wednesday and the three days after it, you get the 40 days of Lent).

I gave up meat altogether and so far I haven't been too bad on the cravings... I might look longingly at someone's steak/burger/or wings, but I don't cave lol.
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gave up Diet Coke, the only soda I drink, and so far so good! I has been since last Tuesday. I noticed that I did crave sugar more with drinking Diet Coke so that's why I gave it up....and also because my husband said I couldn't do it. He is amazed I have lasted this long.
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've also stopped sweets, chocolate, crisps, cakes etc, and so far so good, and yes sundays are exempt, but i'm going to try going the whole hog!!
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    Yeay! Everyone is doing so well! :flowerforyou:

Still confused about Sunday's and now St Patricks day!? :huh:

Hopefully we can all keep strong!

Lot's of luck all! :bigsmile: