week 2 - weigh in - NO LOSS

Options
I know its only week 2 - but at weigh in today I lost exactly NOTHING! My first week was last week and I lost 3 pounds. This week nothing. If Im stalling in my 2nd week what is the future going to hold?
I drank tons of water, exercised daily and was below my calories each day (but not below my bottom line just slightly below my number with exercise), its not my TOM (or anywhere near it), I slept 8 hours each night....
I dont know what Im doing wrong!!!!!
OMG - Im beyond frustrated!
Again, i know its week 2 - but Im killing myself with exercise and eating next to nothing...if Im going to stay the same I mind as well eat!
Thanks for listening to my pity party.

Replies

• rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No worries hun. Im sure next week will be different if your doing all the right stuff and it sounds like you are. Try measuring yourself? Im sure you shrank somewhere and you might not show on scale but show on your body. Muscle weighs more than fat. No worries girl, your totally motivated and your doing awesome! Keep up your hard work, you will get results :) Good luck to ya!
  • kirstengilbert
    kirstengilbert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to eat. You should be eating every three hours. if youa re eating 1200 cals - generally the breakdown is 3 - 300-350cal meals and 2 - 100 cal snacks.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing!! Week one is usually the biggest week because you're just starting...I had a very small loss my second week, too so you're not doing anything wrong! It seems like you're doing fine! It could be that maybe you just had too much sodium the previous day? That affected me (showed a gain of several pounds!!) one week! Make sure you're getting in good foods, water, sleep and exercise...which it sounds like you are...and week 3 will show a loss. :) You're on the right track, don't be discouraged. Think of the other benefits that being healthy or losing inches, don't just look at the scale. It'd be easy to be discouraged with that as our only number!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain..i have been here 6 weeks, and i have lost only 8 lbs ( would have been close to 15 if i hadn't gained some back ) we all know how it feels..it IS frustrating :( keep it up, and add me if you like, best of luck
  • imgonnawin
    Options
    Stick to 1200 calories a day.. Don't eat your extra calories earned for exercise!!! You don't have that much weight to loose so it is going to be hard to get rid of it. Just stick to it ... it will come off!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    You need to keep in mind that you lost 3 pounds last week. That's a fantastic weight loss for someone your size. I have gone 2-3 weeks without any weightloss. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you don't. Patience is all you need.... Good Luck :)
  • eorcel
    eorcel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are eating carbs that are preventing you from losing the weight. You have to find a healthy carb or fiber that works for you. I eat vegan, and when I tried raw vegan with fruits smoothies, I regained 8 lbs in a week! Plus it was hard to lose a pound while eating fruits! I realized if I stop eating beans, I stop losing weight. So I always tell people eat more beans. I make my own veggie burger with no salt and my own bean soup. It's a perfect direct, source of fiber, laxative, and blood insulin controller. Try it! Good luck.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! My weight keep flunctuating, up and down and couple pounds throughout the month. But this should be more than about weight loss. It's also about getting into healthier habits for the long run. When you start to look at food as a fuel your body needs, and work on picking healthier and healthier fuel over time, you will see postive changes. It's impossible not to. I have only lost a couple pounds overall, but my entire body has transformed into something entirely new and it's awesome. My weight isn't important to me anymore... the fact I don't eat fast food for lunch everyday anymore is.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I see you have thryroid disease. You might want your doc to do a blood draw as you lose weight. The levels of medicine you need may change as your body changes. Two members in my family have this. :heart:
  • Boomz
    Boomz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "If you are expecting results in 2 weeks, you should have started 3 months ago."

Best idea is to get the measuring tape out instead. I haven't lost a single kg in the last fortnight, but lost 4cm from my waist. The weight loss will come, just stay committed, you're already on the right track with this website.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Stick to 1200 calories a day.. Don't eat your extra calories earned for exercise!!! You don't have that much weight to loose so it is going to be hard to get rid of it. Just stick to it ... it will come off!

Why do people really think not eating your exercise calories is a good idea? I just don't get it. You already have a calorie deficit without the exercise. What is your body supposed to run on?