2nd try! needing support

Options
This is my second attempt at mfp. I deleted my old account and now I have decided to try again. I lost about 10 lbs in the 70 days I used this site but I was only faithful about 20 of those days. I am a stay at home mom taking online classes and I could really use some support to reach my goal and live a healthier life.

Replies

• jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too! I think its harder since I do not work, especially when the kids are at home. Add me if you'd like-I just started last Sunday. Good Luck!
  • Rachy80
    Rachy80 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome Back to MFP! All the best for your weight loss journey, I am sure you will do well and succeed :)
  • dmb0174
    dmb0174 Posts: 31
    Options
    Glad you came back! Also a SAHM... would love to be friends... we can support each other.
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :wink: Being at home all day makes it sooooooo hard sometimes I am a stay at home mom of three. I feel your pain lol
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! I am also a stay at home mom. It is very difficult to find the time most of the time, but we can all help one another. Support is key!
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat; but I'm a working mama. I've lost about 11 lbs. since January 1st, but am having trouble with the weekends! I'm from the south, so food is a huge part of our lives. I'm starting fresh again today!!!! Good Luck, we can do this, I pushed two babies out of my "you-know-what", so what's a little weight loss????? Do you think they make an epideral for weight loss? that would be AWESOME. :)
  • jeananndawson
    Options
    Add me as a friend! Also SAHM, I just started last Monday so I need the support too!!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Keep at it!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom who is currently also in school. I started school last June for personal training, just because exercise has been my passion. In my first term right before finals I had my 3rd daughter and was back at school 5 days later to take my finals. It still seems crazy that I did it. Now I am almost done and am sooo excited to be finished. However, I do also want to get a degree in nutrition and I want to start soon.

I was talking with some of our clients this morning at the gym I work at and telling them that with each baby I do gain a lot of weight, but there was one picture of me-it was taken right after my first born was released from the hospital from a 9 week stay. I was 250lbs. I was shocked to say the least of how big I had gotten and have made it my goal with every pregnancy to get back. We have been doing fat caliper measurements in class each term. Thank goodness for this or I would totally be discouraged, because while I am not doing much loss on the scale, my fat percentage has gone from obese-1 week after baby, to normal range. If you look at my BMI I am about 15 lbs from my normal range. That is why I love doing calipers. I am gaining back all the muscle I let go of.

These sights work amazing, but only if you are true to yourself and log and put in the work. It is hard, especially being a stay at home mom and going to school. Sometimes at the end of the week, I wonder how I got through it all. We moms are amazing people. I know you can do this. I always tell people-this is your workout, you get out what you put in. I can see you want this, so just put into it how much you want it and I know you will succeed!!!!
  • morinmom
    morinmom Posts: 17
    Options
    i am also a stay at home mom of three if you would like to add me feel free i started five days ago and feel great
  • lathxr
    lathxr Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also going at this a second time. I lost 76lbs the first go around, but like they say it comes back plus some. Just keep trying if we did it once we can do it again!!!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

I just officially started today and I'm excited! You can do this!
  • bethany7687
    Options
    Hi Missbeezy, I would love to support you in your journey. Bethany
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do this - being at home can be hard (it's easy to munch out of boredom) but it also gives you a great advantage as far as having time to take a walk on a nice day or being able to cook things that take some time. So proud of you for having the spirit to start again :)
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been on here for only a couple of weeks, and I love it! I stay at home too. Not willingly, I just can't find a job!!! Add me a s a friend, if you like! We can do this together!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!You can do it.I know how hard it is being home with the family.Leftovers the kids don`t eat,grabbing something because you don`t have time for you.Try to make sure you have time for you.
    If you need a friend you can add me.
    good luck!!
    jane