Too little sodium?

grneyety
grneyety Posts: 46 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I am wondering if there is a problem getting to little sodium...I generally only eat whole foods and on average (if this site measures sodium right) am only getting about 800mg of sodium a day. Since it is half as much as the site recommends I am thinking that is bad. Any ideas?

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    I wish I could get mine that low. I try to stay under 1300 to control my blood pressure without meds.
  • No Sodium is not good for you at all. So its just fine only have 800 a day. Its actually way better for you.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    As long as your getting more than 500mg and less than 2500mg your doing great!!
  • GunnarGSD
    GunnarGSD Posts: 2 Member
    Symptoms of too little salt can include muscle cramps and dizziness. If you drink a lot of water, this will reduce the salt level as well. If you find you are getting dizzy or are starting to have muscle cramps, increase salt or decrease water consumption.

Dave
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    not reaching the level on here is not a problem. sodium level on here is just a guide line for those of us who love salt. you are doing awesome. keep up the good work.
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks guys...I was really starting to worry about it!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Discuss this with your doctor. Make sure that the sodium content is correct on everything you log. If doc thinks you're good, you're good! The body does need sodium to function, but the amount can vary by individual.

With that said, OMG I wanna see your Diary! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.