Hello From Sunny Florida!

Options
I am Jess I live in Clearwater, Florida. I love life, sports music and movies. Trying to loose weight and feeling better about myself. Looking for support advice and tips.

Would like to meet new friends on here and help each other out.

Replies

• hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess...

I am Holly and live on the other coast near Cocoa Beach... welcome to MFP.. great site... add me to you buddy list if you would like.
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi fellow Floridian Ladies, I live in the Palm Bay/Melbourne area, feel free to friend me. A bit chilly this weekend, huh? Yesterday my daughter and I hit up St Augustine and it was chilly there too, but beautiful as always!

Misty :happy:
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Florida Keys/Key West. I was just saying how lucky we are to live in Florida and then saw your post.

Everyone please feel free to add me as a friend!

Talk to you all later.

Valerie :)
  • JessJayde2011
    Options
    It's nice and warm now here on the west coast. Maybe going to the beach tomorrow. My weekend has started yay!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on the same journey as you, trying to get healthy and fit! I am from the cold north "New England", Providence/Boston area. My husband and I talk all the time about relocating to the Gulf of Mexico side of Florida, so I envy you! Good luck on your journey. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • writenina
    writenina Posts: 35
    Options
    I have to join in on the Florida love fest! I'm In Titusville!
  • rozarotti
    Options
    I am Jess I live in Clearwater, Florida. I love life, sports music and movies. Trying to loose weight and feeling better about myself. Looking for support advice and tips.

Would like to meet new friends on here and help each other out.

I LOVE Clearwater, I use to live in Lakeland and Clearwater was always the beach of choice! But now Im on the east coast. I love it better than Lakeland, but the beach isn't nearly as pretty as yours! Hope you had a good day out there yesterday!
  • rozarotti
    Options
    I'm from the Florida Keys/Key West. I was just saying how lucky we are to live in Florida and then saw your post.

Everyone please feel free to add me as a friend!

Talk to you all later.

Valerie :)

I LOVE the Keys too!! My daughter wants to do Key West. She really loves going to historical places and I think she would love the history down there. Not so much the duval crawl....lol. I was recently in Key Largo and had a nice time. My friends and I ate at Jimmy Johnsons resteraunt. YUMMY!
    We are lucky to live in Florida, I don't think I could handle a northern winter ever again!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hello! I used to live on the sunny Gulf Coast of Florida in the Fort Myers area. However, six and a half years ago I moved to not-so-sunny Scotland. I didn't much like the non-stop heat I encountered in Florida, so I'm better suited to the cool Scottish climate. However, I do miss the sun!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in Pinellas Park! feel free to add me! buddies are nice to have here. Good luck in your journey!
  • lathxr
    lathxr Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi jess my name is robin I am from Texarkana Arkansas I am also trying to loose weight (again). We just have to keep at it.
  • suzhawken
    suzhawken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! I'm on the east coast of Florida just north of Jupiter, used to live in Srasta, and before that freezing old Canada! Nothing compares to the cold up there!!

Would love to be support friends with everyone and anyone. I just started my MFP 2 weeks ago and have lost 4.2 lbs of the 33lbs I want to lose (to start with anyway!)

let's do this together!!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll, I'm Debbie from St. Augustine, the nation's oldest city!!!!, no wild and crazy stuff going on in this town!!!!!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL :) Welcome to the site!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi Florida...South Florida here :)

Beautiful day today...pity I am inside! I love this time of year here!!!

Feel free to add me, any of ya'll :):bigsmile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tallahassee! Moved from WI 2 years ago, and Vawork, I know it's not as bad as Canada, but I feel ya on how cold it is up there!! Lots of Florida people in here!
  • lilmommy
    lilmommy Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Jess,
    Welcome to MFP it's a fantastic place for support and weight loss tips! I have to admit I am incredibly jealous of all you floridians. I went to Florida for a month in 2004 and if hadn't been for my immediate family still in Canada I would have never left!!!!! :)
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hey all.
    Tampa Bay checking in here. here's to being healthy and living a long life!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also in FL - I'm sure you haven't heard of Leesburg, but I'm close to the Villages/Ocala area.

Welcome!! And good luck on your weight loss journey. : )

Feel free to add me for support and motivation!!
  • caboeyes
    caboeyes Posts: 24
    Options
    Look at all the Floridians! Yay! We should start a Sunny FL support group. I am on the Treasure Coast, that's on the east coast between Melbourne and Stuart. Please add me if you'd like a more local buddy. I'm originally from Baltimore, but I've been a Floridian for 20 years now, first on the west coast (Tampa then St. Pete) and now 10 years here on the east. I have lost 9 lbs and 14.25 inches since joining Curves a month ago and just joined MFP last week. I love this site!