Afraid

Options
I always try to stay under my calorie goal becasue I'm afriad that extra calories have somehow sneaked in to my food (like what if my chicken was 3.3 oz instead f 3, stuff like that) but at the end of the day when I'm finished my food entries it always tells me I'm eating to little!
Is it better to stay under or go over your calorie goals? I just think being 50-100 calories under can't really be that bad!

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    how are you feeling? are you making progress with your goals? use that to gauge how your calories are and if you need to bump it up or scale back.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    how are you feeling? are you making progress with your goals? use that to gauge how your calories are and if you need to bump it up or scale back.
    I'm right on track with my goals, losing just over 2lbs a week(sometimes 1lb sometimes 3lbs) and I feel good, just this weekend MFP recaluclated my daily calorie intake and lowered it 100 calories becasue I've lost over 15lbs and I still feel full at the end off the day.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I think it's going to depend on your settings. if your calories are set at 1200, anything below that is starvation mode. I actually upped mine to 1400 since it is still under maintenance for me, and I don't feel hungry. Remember that if sometimes you're eating 3.3 oz of chicken instead of 3, some days you're probably only eating 2.7pz as well and it all balances out. I'd beware of being too low since that isn't healthy.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    You do need to get what your body needs for cal intake or it will hold on to fat. Plus one thing if you aren't getting enough and your starving your body you could start doing just the opposite and just binge, because your body isn't getting enough eventually it will give in.

Are you going 50-100 under what you are exercising (your bonus cals)? If that is the case I don't think you have a prob, but if it is telling you you eat 1200 and you are going under the 1200, yes you need more.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You do need to get what your body needs for cal intake or it will hold on to fat. Plus one thing if you aren't getting enough and your starving your body you could start doing just the opposite and just binge, because your body isn't getting enough eventually it will give in.

Are you going 50-100 under what you are exercising (your bonus cals)? If that is the case I don't think you have a prob, but if it is telling you you eat 1200 and you are going under the 1200, yes you need more.
    I'm not exercising at the moment(plan to start back tonight) as I had a horrible virus for a month that kicked up my asthma and I just physically couldn't do it.
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are doing AWESOME! Just keep doing what your doing! And give me some of it!:flowerforyou:
  • morinmom
    morinmom Posts: 17
    Options
    well i think it is important to listen to your body if you 'feel' you need those calroies take them but if you think you can do just fine without them then leave them to the birds i am usually 1000 to 500 under my intake goal but i feel awake strong and healthy so i know i am fine no matter what anyone says it is you who has to listen to your own body
  • Able0104
    Able0104 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im always way under my calorie goal i think you will be fine :) Keep up the good work!