1000 calorie days

Options
rmhand
rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
After a night of drinks and good food in Saturday I wanted to burn a little extra on Sunday. I made it a goal to burn 1000 calories (according to my HRM). A typical work out for the last few weeks has been about 150 to 350 calories. I hit the 1000 calorie mark about about 2.5 hours. I was proud of myself and pretty tired. I know every one has different goals and mine are quite small but I was just wondering what your calories goals are most days? or for the week?

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My goal is to burn at least 600 calories a day.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    400 to 500
  • Ningymouse
    Options
    Mines is 500 to 600 a day!
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    This is why my HRM discourages me. I have no idea how to find out if it is right or not. I work out as hard as I possibly can and burn 200 calories in an hour. I seriosuly dont think it is calculating right.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    450 to 500 a day
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    300-500 everyday but Sunday (I take Sunday off).
  • MLG010105
    MLG010105 Posts: 29
    Options
    I try to get in 500 calories per day M-F. I take weekends off. I'm starting a new job on T/Th that's going to make it harder to get a workout in, though. I might bump my calorie goal up to 750 MWF. We'll see.
  • TheWolf77
    TheWolf77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that 1000 calories can be very difficult especially when you are getting closer to your goal (the lower the weight the harder it is to burn the same amount of calories). My goal has been to burn 1200 or more every work out. As a heavier guy I found that I could do it in just over an hour. This week according to my HRM I have found that I am now working just as hard and after losing nearly 20 lbs I am burning 100 calories less per hour than I was a few weeks ago.
    To make up for this I have been getting up a little earlier and arriving at the gym a few minutes earlier just so I can make up for the difference.
    My fiance is doing this with me, and the first time we managed to work out together and we were going for a "Marathon workout" as a way to shock our systems. In 2.5 hours she burned just over 1000 calories and I burned just over 2500. Ever since she has been longing to do it again. I have to say that 1000 cal burn is like a drug, once you achieve it anything less doesn't feel nearly as good.
    When I first began I could burn 1200 in just over an hour. Now in the same amount of time I burn about 900 calories, so I have to increase my cool down time to 10 minutes (that takes me over 1k) and many days I'll stick on the elliptical for an additional 10 minutes just to get a little further.
    Keep up the good work, strive to hit your goals, but do your self the favor to know your limits, if it takes 2 hours to burn 1k and that is your goal, don't beat yourself up if you don't reach it every single time, but enjoy the feeling when you have the opportunity to make it happen.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Last week was spring break and I don't have the money to go any where so I kept my normal work schedule and on the days I had off I really pushed myself to work hard in the gym and to get a baseline for the weight lifting I have started. I'll stick to my 100-200 calories per day during the week or more if I have time and not too much school work/studying to do. I really want to get in 1000 calories on the weekend tho, thats when I slack and eat too much so I will make up for in the gym.