Zumba

Options
Hi,

Im new to this! only been doing it a week - first weigh in tomorrow!

I'm going to a Zumba class tonight but can't seem to find it in my exercise choices on myfitnesspal. Does anyone know how I can find it?

Thank you x

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I just used the general aerobics one. It's a little lower than what Zumba actually burns but it's close enough.
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had the SAME EXACT problem last night, having just done the Wii Zumba for the first time. There's NO ZUMBA in the exercise database on here at all! Well, yet anyway. I researched online and found a formula that I'm using for the time being until I get my Heart Rate Monitor to track my calories. It was 30 min. of Zumba = 250 calories burned. I did it for 25 min, so I burned 208 calories according that that formula. Hope this helps!!! It's fun, isn't it? The Zumba, I mean! :)

Lisa
  • beckyd2011
    Options
    brill thank you, i thought i'd just put it under aerobics high impact! thank you again xxx
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    The fitness log is a very GREAT estimation. I'd say use aerobics or dance.

I hope you enjoy Zumba. I think it's lots of fun.

*smiles*

Jean
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was told aerobics - high impact - but I put it in as general I would rather underestimate than over estimate :)
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I added Curves with Zumba to my exercises and use a HRM to monitor my calories. If you know your calorie burn, just add Zumba as an exercise in your exercises.
  • beckyd2011
    Options
    thank you everyone! i only posted this about 5mins ago and lots of replies!! really appriciate all the advice. yeah ive done zumba a few times and really like it! i always go bright red though! not any other exercise just this! haha xxx
  • deeltwins
    deeltwins Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I am fairly new to mfp also. It is awesome. I have lost 6 lbs. in two weeks. Having friends makes it easier.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Since I can't quite keep up the teh high levels of jumping and bouncing yet. I make 1/2 th eclass high inmact aerobics and 1/2 low impact depending on how much effort i feel like I put in. I'd rather under estimate than over estimate as well.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Walmart.com has a calorie counter and you put in your age and weight and miuntes of Zumba and it gives a pretty good estimate...I used that b4 I got my HRM and it was very close!!!
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and get it up to around 140-160 the whole time. I burn about 2-3 calories every 10 seconds if I make sure I'm working HARD the entire time. I've found I burn anywhere from 500-750 per 45 minute zumba session depending on how hard I'm going at it.
  • JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!! I use "aerobics general" also, I thinks its a good gauge. (I bought an HRM yesterday and I can't figure it out, too many buttons!)