Anyone ever have treatment of spider veins

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
I just got a Groupon offering today for 2 treatments of spider veins. I don't have very many. The offering is for 2 treatments at $99.00. Anybody ever had this procedure done? I would like some feedback.

Thanks,

Kim

Replies

• carissagrayson
    Options
    I would like to know the same thing. I was looking at having it done once I reached my total goal.
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    What' is the procedure called? I work in an office where treatment is done for spider veins and varicose veins, but would need to know what the procedure is. Is it sclerotherapy? Laser? saline solution?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    What' is the procedure called? I work in an office where treatment is done for spider veins and varicose veins, but would need to know what the procedure is. Is it sclerotherapy? Laser? saline solution?

"During each sclerotherapy treatment, Dr. Ross will transform veiny road maps into crystal-clear bone blankets by injecting a salt water-like solution into the offending vessels."

Not sure how much solution is injected, they state a safe amount is 15cc
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I just got a Groupon offering today for 2 treatments of spider veins. I don't have very many. The offering is for 2 treatments at $99.00. Anybody ever had this procedure done? I would like some feedback.

Thanks,

Kim
    I have a feeling it would take more than 2 treatments to get rid of 'em or they wouldn't be making much $. (Kinda like a Chiropractor!) I'm too poor to do anyhting like that (I have quite a few) so I just use self tan on my legs to 'hide' 'em!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Thanks,

Kim
    I have a feeling it would take more than 2 treatments to get rid of 'em or they wouldn't be making much $. (Kinda like a Chiropractor!) I'm too poor to do anyhting like that (I have quite a few) so I just use self tan on my legs to 'hide' 'em!

They state that two treatments should be enough. I am sure that they try to upgrade. They don't make money; but, use it as a marketing tool to increase business and awareness. That's kind of the Groupon premise.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So, did you do it? I'm kicking myself now because I bought a Groupon for one treatment (4 vials of saline) for $189.00 and thought I was getting a good deal. I haven't used mine yet and I was wondering what you thought of it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    No, I haven't used it yet...I plan to use it in May when I can actually bear my legs in Minnesota...yours sounds like a similar deal...mine is for 2 treatments which probably means 2 vials...Good luck with yours, we'll have some nice legs for summer
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That was my thought too...that and I was hoping to take off a few more pounds before showing off my legs to the doctor. I just saw you are doing the Warrior dash. My husband is doing one the first week of June in Ohio. (I'm hoping he doesn't do any permanent damage to himself!) Good luck with the procedure and the race.
  • tesstastic
    tesstastic Posts: 1
    Options
    For that price it sounds like a scam. I've heard bad stories from a few different people who bought groupons for different procedures like this - one for teeth whitening, one for botox, and a couple for varicose veins. None of them were happy with the results and some of them were even worse off! Especially when you haven't had a proper examination, it's really not a good idea to buy these things. I'm curious how your results end up, if you've had the procedure yet. One of my friends had to go to another, more professional vein clinic (hhtp://www.kassclinics.com/vein-treatment/varicose-veins/) to fix the first procedure she had done by the place with the groupon. Wow her legs look fabulous now! They even have free consultations and their prices aren't bad either - http://www.kassclinics.com/specials/ Highly recommended! Hope that helps!:happy: