Is weight loss but feeling saggier normal?

Options
Going to give you some info on me and then try and explain my question... Please bear with me!

-I started my journey on 10 January.
-My SW was 224lbs.
-I am 5ft 11 with a large frame.
-My GW is 168lbs
-Current weight is 203lbs
-Activity level set to sendentry since I'm an office worker
-For the first time on my weekly weigh in this morning I've lost no weight.
- I *think* I've opened up my diary for all to view
- I am vegetarian.
- I eat back my exercise calories

Before I started my journey I did pilates once a week and the occasional walking here and there.

Now I'm walking to and from the train station every weekday (36 mins per day) and doing one class of pilates and one class of callanetics per week.

Now I have been feeling the weight loss come off - ie belly overhang isn't there any more (or at least as much), and less rolls of belly fat when i sit down, loss of bulk around by thighs / love handles.

But I hve noticed recently (and it may just be that I'm more aware of my body now but I don't think so) that my rolls of belly fat when i pinch them/feel them/wobble them, feel well.. more wobbly if that makes sense.. where as before they were dense.. they now aren't! i do feel like that my muscles are tightening up underneat the fat though if that makes sense.

Its not loose skin it just doesn't feel as dense.. does that make sense? And is that normal??

I think I've hit a plateua which I know people experience. I am away for a long weekend with friends and family this weekend and next so maybe these 'spike' weekends will help!!

Any tips/advice woudl be much appreciated.

I'm trying to drink more water, and I think the level of exercise I'm doing is something that I can continue and keep to when/if I get to mainteance level.

Fell free to look at my diary (but please look back further than Friday - my weekend diet is always a little worse than my non weekend diet!)

Thanks in advance!

Kelda

Replies

• shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    As far as the less dense fat goes its a good thing!! I've always been told its good when your fatty parts are less dense because it means your loosening up the fat cells which then makes it easier to lose! If you only weigh yourself once a week today may have been a day where you were retaining more water or depending on what you ate. Especially if you are traveling that could be a factor to, I know with me I always stay the same or see a slight gain when I travel. If it is a plateua I suggest zig-zag dieting, you can google it or there should be threads on it here. Or simply try different exercises, your body over time gets use to the exercises you do regularly and thus you won't burn as many calories doing them. Also take your measurements! I know seeing the scale go down in number is a great feeling, but I have found if I'm not losing pounds I'm usually losing inches. Sometimes your body needs time to catch up with the weight loss. Hope this helps, and Good Luck!!
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. That sounds like its a good theing then! yay!

I do an official weigh in once a week but always do a few cheeky step on scales throughout the week and from those I had already thought I probably wouldn't lose this week... travelling is next two weekend so can't blame that..

I definitely have lost inches - just fropm the way clothes fit but I really should measure myself so i can compare over the weeks.. especially in the weeks I dont lose.
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    shamelessly bumping to try to get more replies..
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    shamelessly bumping to try to get more replies..