Thighs and Hips

Options
Alright so i'm somehow not losing enough inches from my thighs and hips. Hips are still fine i do get down by 0.5 or something but thighs, no changes there at all and i do have heavier thighs. I do a lot of cardio and once or twice a week lower body exercises which includes these machines at the gym abductor calf raise and some more. I'm confused why am i not losing inches from these particular areas while i am around the waist and arms.

Replies

• LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Your body decides where and how to distribute fat- you can't choose where to "work it off". Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come down.
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love some answers on this very question! My hips and thighs are definitely my problem areas....any excersises that would target that area?
  • flab2fab88
    Options
    a good way to tone your thighs and lose some inches is to use the treadmill and walk up hill, like incline of 3 or more.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You cannot control where you lose fat. I'm sorry.

You can, however, focus on developing your muscles in those areas so as to tighten them up, but the fat will go at its own pace.

It sounds like you are already strength training those areas, so don't worry about it.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have issues where I am thicker in the thighs as well. When I was in high school, my jeans were size 1 and I still thought I was fat because they were a slight struggle to get over my thighs, but very loose around my waist. This frustrates me as well, but I have learned that some of us are bigger in areas others are not (like breast size). So I have accepted this (some what) and focus on toning.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been finding the same thing. I don't work out, but I've been bigger and I've been smaller and my bum and things are always slower to loose the weight. So I'm just accepting it and know they'll catch up. Yours will catch up soon! I've heard running is great for tonning legs, thighs and tummy. If you work out at the gym, book a personal trainer session and ask them what you can do around the gym to help your thighs catch up with the rest of you. Good luck!
  • dawn2154
    dawn2154 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i had my body fat recalculated recently and their was no difference to my thighs and i lost evrywhere else! the gym trainer said this indicates high oestrogen levels and reccomended i drink green tea to flush toxins out!
  • miriamcpweg
    miriamcpweg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've read in Jillian Micheals book Master Your Metabolism that large thighs and hips can do with excess estrogen! If you think about it it is women's trouble spots, guys have a bigger gut. Try avoiding soy, that is one of our biggest contributors to phytoestrogens. Soy is also, I believe, the second most produced crop after corn. If you look at ingredients you can see that!
    I have always had big thighs and hips. I've been trying to avoid soy and they are going down slowly :)

I wish you much luck :-)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    i had my body fat recalculated recently and their was no difference to my thighs and i lost evrywhere else! the gym trainer said this indicates high oestrogen levels and reccomended i drink green tea to flush toxins out!

Ok, just to clarify...estrogen ISN'T a toxin. You may have it in higher levels, and it may even cause your body to try to keep your weight in your hips and thighs but that doesn't mean its something that shouldn't be in your body. It just means your body thinks it's time to have babies.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hips & thighs are one of the last areas for us women to lose. Its just a given. Continue to work those areas and you will eventually see a change.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weight has slowly gone from my hips/thighs over the last number of months, but if I'm honest I've only really started to notice it 'moving' in the last 10-15lbs. I lost my boobs, tummy, arms etc... but butt and thighs/calves still heavy. I'm a pear shape :) I just figure it'll go down eventually, but those areas will always be bigger because my body has to store fat somewhere and its place of choice is there :)
  • dawn2154
    dawn2154 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Ok, just to clarify...estrogen ISN'T a toxin. You may have it in higher levels, and it may even cause your body to try to keep your weight in your hips and thighs but that doesn't mean its something that shouldn't be in your body. It just means your body thinks it's time to have babies.

Im aware that oestrogen is a hormone and not a toxin. the green tea is just to get rid of other nasties. :)