low carb help

Options
hi im doing low carb diet since im diabetic (type 2), anybody have any ideas for zero to low carb snacks and just different meal ideas. i hate that i have to like cook everything and stuff

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Extreme wellness low carb, high fiber wrap.. Amazing.
    Greek yogurt is low carb, well... without the flavoring. Add your own fresh fruit!
    If you use protein to make pancakes and such, smoothies etc.. makes them lower carb! I have a great low carb pancake recipe I'll shoot you when I get home!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just added you as a friend. I'm gluten-free (along with everything else) Take a look at my diary if you'd like. Also, my old nutritionist (Maria Emmerich) is no-gluten and has a GREAT blog with lots of nummy recipes. http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/

check it out! and good luck :)
  • mshall100
    Options
    I'm doing the Atkins weight loss program because I am just plain fat, and it is working with my body's metabolism. I recommend the following snacks: Check out the Atkins bars -- there are bars that taste like BabyRuth and Payday candy bars as well as fudge brownies, nuts (You do need to count), cheese -- I like the cheese sticks since they are portion control, Russell Stover makes great sugar-free candy--my favorites are the toffee squares and the pecan caramels. And Breyer's carbsmart ice cream is good for desserts. For a special treat..lots of oral satisfaction...celery with homemade peanut butter. Buy the peanuts in the largest quantity you can-- I think I bought a 2 or 4 lb container of Planters peanuts at Walmart -- put them in a food processor with about 1/8-1/4 c. peanut oil and process until it reaches the consistency you like.

And left-over meat or lunch meat rolled with a piece of cheese (or not)

Key, of course is watching the portions on all of these. And Walmart has the best prices on Atkins and Russell Stover.... Good luck. I hope this helps.
  • michellehoying
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm brand new as of today and i'm doing low carb also. If anyone would like to help me that would be awesome thanks so much Michelle
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    Spicy Pork Rinds, Beef Jerky, Mission Low Carb Wraps are great, Hummus, Olives, Alpine lace cheese,,,I always keep boiled eggs or grilled chicken strips handy...... Any vegetable that i can bake to make crunchy to satisfy my chip craving.....Baked kale leaves come out great and crunchy..
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hi im doing low carb diet since im diabetic (type 2), anybody have any ideas for zero to low carb snacks and just different meal ideas. i hate that i have to like cook everything and stuff

Check out my food diary :) I keep my carbs under 50g a day and around 1200 calories. Should give you lots of snacking and food ideas.