Sweethearts small group discussion #1 (closed group)

Options
13»

Replies

• cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo Mary!!! I LOVE putting on something that is too big. I'm trying to work myself up on the elliptical but it is slow going. So far the most I manage is 15 minutes.

I agree the grazing does work for a stressful job. I'm not liking how it makes my diary look but surely will get used to it. I had a rough day today and even stopped at McDs for a small burger. Tonight I'm craving chocolate so very glad there isn't any in the house. I may have a sugar free fudgesicle or pudding in a bit.

Cathy
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's Monday Morning- Weigehed in and lost 2.4 lbs. SO happy- because last week was not a good exercise week for me. Only worked out 3 days last week.

I'm surprised I lost anything at all. Last week was so stressful for me. I wanted to put something in my mouth every second of the day-But I chose not to and kept thinking of how good I felt by taking control of what I put in my body.

Success Story- We went to breakfast Sunday morning. I ordered French Toast with breakfast ham, pineapple juice and coffe. When my entree arrived I looked at it and said OMG there is no way I can eat all this. The ham was the size of the saucer it was served on - 2 servings easy. There were 4 thick pieces of Challah bread (cut in half) sprinkled with powder sugar,
    I decided to:

ask the waitress for a cup saucer.

I cut the ham in half (one serving)
    I took two pieces of the french toast- (1slice)
    2 tablespoons of maple syurp

I enjoyed every bite and took the rest home. It is still sitting in my refrigerator.

I am so proud because I would have normally eaten the whole thing with no probelm. My husband looked at me and gave me a great big smile - my boys were beaming with pride. With every accomplisment and every pound they are cheering me on.

This week - my mini goal is to exercise at least 4 days. For some reason I struggle with this- but I know its a must.

Have a great week, and make the best choice for you.

Mary
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    OK I think it is my week to post a topic. I have quote to share that rolls in my brain frequently. It is simple and profound. I have been focused on eating multiple small meals/snacks during the day instead of several large meals. This quote seems appropriate...

"Eat Food. Not Too much. Mostly Greens.", Michael Pollan

This gives me permission to eat, to eat smart, and to eat for fuel. Watching my weight is a mind game for me. Justifing what I can eat, when I can eat and how much, has been a daily conversation with myself for years. I also have times that I say to my self, "I earned it or I deserve it". Using food as a reward for good behavior is a setup for disastor. I deserve to enjoy food but not all at once, and I also deserve to have the control over my choices and to make the best choice for me and my health.

My goal this week is four days of excercise. Last weeks results are not good. Getting back on rack after travelling has proven to be a challenge. New week, new day and new goals, I am ready and I can do this!

Good luck All!
  • cathyv0409
    Options
    Good morning Sweethearts!! Thank you Carrie for the post. As I was reading it I was thinking, Wow, that could have been me writing that!! I want to get to the point that I eat to live, NOT live to eat!! I am really working to get out of the mindset of using food for a reward or "I deserve it". I'm also eating several small meals/snacks a day.

Weigh in - I'm down 2 pounds
    Last week's goal - drink 80 ounces of water a day - I got 64 ounces in every day but there were a couple of days I didn't get the extra
    Mini goal for this week - stick with the water since I didn't quite hit it last week and exercise 5 days this week

I had a couple of victories last week. I went to dinner with friends one night. My first night out with friends since I started trying to eat more healthy and made good choices. That blasted restaurant had chinese food as their special which I love. I stuck with my grilled chicken, veggies and salad and felt really good about it!! People are also starting to notice the weight loss. That is a really good feeling! One more - I can now do 15-17 minutes on the elliptical. Just 2 months ago I only lasted 2-3 minutes and had to "rest" during that short time. My 50 pound loss reward will be either an elliptical or recumbent bike for home. Who would have ever thought I would consider exercise equipment a reward????

Everyone have a great week. I will stop back by in a couple of days to see how everyone is doing.
    Cathy
  • katimari
    katimari Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds last week! Have to run, but I'll post more later.
  • cathyv0409
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! Way to go, Katie!!!
  • maricari
    Options
    This is my favorite post....Down 5.6 lbs this week. Woot Woot. After three weeks of stalls or gains I finally had a loss. Now the not so good news is that it equates to only a 1.2 loss overall from where I started. But I feel back in the game. Best to you all this week.

This week is a combination of goals that I have been working on for the past several weeks. Frequent small meals/snacks during the day- Four days of excercise- clean eating- and a suceesive week of loss, 2 lbs would be great!
  • mbrotnitsky
    Options
    Hoorah- so happy for you-

ME- I gained 3 lbs-:( - Did not exercise - did not log food for 3 days - but I am confessing and I am determined to RIDE that HORSE again. This is my life and I want to live it not be held down by excess weight and health issues.

This week again I will exercise at least 4 days this week and I will log every single day.

MAry
  • cathyv0409
    Options
    Hello all!!

Whoo hoo to you Maricari!!! Great loss!!

Mbrotnitsky - great deterimination getting back on that horse!

My goal is at least 8 - 8oz water a day and to exercise 4 days this week. I would actually be happy with a maintain for the week. I will be out of town with a group for 4 days and have the feeling those days could be filled with "social eating". I'm pretty nervous about eating out for 4 days where I can't control the food as well as I do at home but as a wise friend said....This is my life and I want to live it :bigsmile: I know I will have to be careful but also have to live life so don't want my new lifestyle to hold me back like my weight has done.

You all have a great week in case I'm not on much this week.
    Cathy
  • cathyv0409
    Options
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot!! I was down 5 pounds this week!!
  • maricari
    Options
    cv0499, Congrats on your loss!!! I traveled for business lately and had four days of hotel food. I passed on the bread everytime, and there was alot of it at each meal and snack. I also brought apples and nuts with me which helped during breaks and late evening.

hellllooo out there. It is late monday night and less than 1/2 checked in, where's the ringleader, wheres the group?

For the gals that are still in it...determination, perservance, success to us all!! Have a great week.

You are blessed and highly favored
  • katimari
    katimari Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey all - Looks like I am staying the same as last week. Congrats to all who lost weight this last week! My goal for the next week is to snack on veggies instead of...well, you know...the bad stuff I usually snack on.

I've started using the site ichange this past week and I like it so far. It's a paid site, but you get one on one support from a nutritionist. I'll let you know what I think of it after a week or two.

Oh, and I've been walking again trying to gear myself up for running. Have a wonderful week everyone.
  • mbrotnitsky
    Options
    I'm here - been here from the start- got side tracked last week - but Im back
  • cathyv0409
    Options
    Hello Sweethearts!

Just a quick check in before I head out of town in case I don't have a chance to get online. I have my water cup packed and some healthy snack options. Reminder to my self...just remember the "social eating" that I'm sure will be a big part of the next few days is more about SOCIAL and LESS about eating! I have usually had that reversed before.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Cathy
  • maricari
    Options
    Checking in with a four pound loss. I have had two great weeks which is highly unusual but after three bad weeks it is a welcome change. I must say that the 5-6 small snack like meals is working for me. My cravings are significantly reduced, I am less hungry during the day (eating every couple of hours), and I not starving after work which often led to hours of snacking before bed.

I did exercise the number if days I had set out to but this week I want to increase the intensity and do more strength training. I will of course be continuing low carb, low fat snack meals.

Good luck to all and have a great week!