Any snack ideas????

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
I have a hard time choosing snacks that are good for me, fill me up, but don't compromise my diet. Any good suggestions out there to get me over that 3pm slump???:yawn:

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I have a hard time choosing snacks that are good for me, fill me up, but don't compromise my diet. Any good suggestions out there to get me over that 3pm slump???:yawn:
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm having 2 tbsp of peanut butter (200 cals) and some celery sticks!
  • alaypath
    Options
    Hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies. I also like Mott's Healthy Harvest applesauce cups.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies, yogurt, Fiber One bars (my favorite!), cottage cheese
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Luna bars or fiber one bar

The have fiber, protein and are filling.

Beware of the fiber one bars tho. For the first week or so you'll be gassy as your body adjusts.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    wildkitty is correct, fiber one bars are my friend. also any veggie or fruit is a great snack option, depends what you feel like! Me I choose either baby carrots, snap peas, orange, apple, banana, yogurt, fiber bar or just a coffee :drinker:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup fat free yogurt
    3/4 skim milk
    1/2 banana (frozen makes it more icecreamy)
    3/4 cup frozen mixed fruit, I use raspberries, blackberrys blueberries and strawberries.
    Blend in blender til smooth and creamy.

Makes enough at least for two 8 oz servings, more if you like it thinner and add more milk. If you are at work, you could make these and put them in a thermos, but I have put the other half in the fridge for later, still tastes good, the colors of the fruit will go dark because of exposure to the air though. My 9 year old loves them too.
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    snap peas are amazing. eat them raw so they are nice and crunchy. you can't eat them too fast and you can eat a lot and barely have any calories.

i guess they taste a little like grass (i don't mind) but you could get some kind of dip if you wanted. personally i like them by themselves.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Great ideas, I was stuck in such a rut that I wanted to grab a bag of potato chips! Now I have some new options to try!:drinker: