Introduction

Options
Axy6830
Axy6830 Posts: 10 Member
Hello-
I am staring my training today to be a skinny girl. I have a long journey ahead but excited to get it started. I am 31 and a single mom so it has been hard to not eat what my son is eating. I am starting today to make us both healthier. I lost 100 lbs back 11 years ago by doing a low carb diet. Since that has worked in the past, I am trying that again but an healthier version buy eating more veggies and leaner meats. I hope something works so I can start feeling better about everything. So if you have any meal ideas to share, please do.

Replies

• frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is great for support and ideas for moth recipes and exercise. Try the nutrition message boards, they should have discussions focused on Atkins and other low carb diets. Feel free to add me as a buddy. I am just beginning my weight loss journey and a mom of 3 kids.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi! I am a single mom of three and know exactly what you are talking about when you say you tend to eat what they eat. I joined here a few days ago and love what I have seen so far. Hope you do too. Here's to a great weight loss journey.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can relate--single mom of 1 and trying to change BOTH of our eating habits. Having kid(s) that are picky eaters is hard-trying to get my daughter to try things she wouldn't normally eat. She ate the last Pop Tart this weekend and i refuse to buy anymore. Also difficult to cook dinners at my house #1 because it's hard to cook for just 2 people (i hate leftovers) and #2 i refuse to make 2 separate dinners-i'm not running a restaurant. And no, we can't live off Mac N Cheese and hot dogs anymore!! Feel free to add me as a friend for support :)