Anyone like turbo kickboxing or tae bo (billy blanks)?

Options
I'm asking because I work out at home to dvd's. I have one kickboxing dvd and a cardio tae boe dvd but I would like more so I was wondering if you all had any recommendations on which ones you think are good or which ones you really like?
TIA!

Replies

• butterflyintraining
    Options
    Kickboxing workouts are my favorite! I love Tae Bo but think Turbo Jam is much better for a beginner. Billy Blanks like to go off on a crazy, haywire pace sometimes. Turbo Jam is challenging but a lot of fun. I found my Turbo Jam workout set on eBay for really cheap. It's crazy expensive on Beach Body's regular website. Turbo Jam also starts with 15 and 20 minute workouts, has a 40 minute workout, an abs workout, and a 45 minute strength training workout as part of the DVD set.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    Definitely Turbo Jam DVDs by Chalene Johnson. They're pretty fun & energetic. Also, Cathe Friedrich has one kickboxing DVD that's purty kewl. Tae Bo isn't that fun to me - but others may enjoy it. Ummm...also part of P90X - KenPo is pretty good.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is the best! Great music- Chalene has a lot of great energy!
  • jensdaily
    jensdaily Posts: 16
    Options
    Turbo Jam for sure!!! I am currently doing Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme, she also has a new system out called Turbo Fire. I recommend any DVD from Beachbody!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have his boot camp set and its pretty awesome, it has kicks, and jabs. I also have jillians 30 day shred, cardio max, and power sculpt. I recently purchased Insanity. I love all of mine its great to be able to mix it up.
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like Billy Blanks I have serveral of his dvd's. To up the workout I add ankle weights and hold free weights in my hands while doing the excercises to replace the bands. If a weight becomes to easy I inrease it. It yields great results.
  • defaziol
    defaziol Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Chalene. Just heard turbo fire is awesome, but haven't wanted to take the plunge and spend the money! I also used to do a lot of tae-bo...still do sometimes. I have tae-bo amped and also bootcamp.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Turbo Jam on Saturday, so I'm really glad you all liked it! I can't wait until it gets here. A friend gave me her Insanity workout dvd's because she isn't into that kind of working out, but the dvd's won't play! I can't figure out why either because they don't even look scratched. I'm going to try them on a different dvd player and see how that goes. Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    the next time i go to Wal-mart I want to look at the workout DVDS because I so need to mix it up more. I think I could totally do an ab workout if it went slow at first. I want to lose my baby belly. LOL.
  • butterflyintraining
    Options
    I just ordered the Turbo Jam on Saturday, so I'm really glad you all liked it! I can't wait until it gets here. A friend gave me her Insanity workout dvd's because she isn't into that kind of working out, but the dvd's won't play! I can't figure out why either because they don't even look scratched. I'm going to try them on a different dvd player and see how that goes. Thanks for all the feedback!

Are the DVDs burned from a computer? They may not play on a regular DVD player (with a TV) but may play on a computer's DVD player. I have a Zumba set that will only play on my computer!
  • Spirtlieswithin
    Options

Hey Angela the reason being sugests that they are double layered disks as most are so your dvd player has the capability.
  • jensdaily
    jensdaily Posts: 16
    Options
    I do home workouts too, right now I have:
    Hip Hop Abs
    P90X
    Turbo Fire
    ChaLEAN Extreme