i gained weight????

amber_hanners
amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Im super stressed out and aggravated today fightin the urge to go binge at mcdonalds. i made a commitment to workout everyday and i have been sticking to it. i have been ( most of the time) carefully watching my calorie intake and have even began adding water into my diet which wasnt really there before. yet today was my first weigh in day on here and i gained 1 pound.

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    If you're not getting enough water, everything you drink will be held on to by your body as water weight.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    It can take a bit for your body to recognize the efforts you are putting into your weight loss. Give it some time. In the mean time you might consider taking measurements of your body as a way to track changes in yourself also. Sometimes people see lost inches before seeing pounds coming off. Stick with it!!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Probably water retention... Drink plenty of water and watch your sodium intake! Keep at it! You'll make it!
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Amber I too have the same problem but have been doing this since the first part of Jan. Do take your measurements...I do my abs, hips, bicep and thighs..keep working out you will see those numbers change. I try and not weigh myself but every 2 weeks..same with measuring! Believe me there are going to be times that you wont see the numbers on the scales move but you will see your measurements....also with working out you are building muscle and it weighs more than fat! Keep it up..you can do it! You will see those numbers move and its a great feeling..Good luck
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    you have to remember that when you feed the body right for the first little bit it is going to hold onto what it needs, either water or nutrients, be patient the metabolic rate will react in a positive way once you maintain a proper diet and proper eating habits. I like to think of it like a spoiled child, give it what it wants and its happy, (meaning fat loss) take what it wants away and it freaks (fat gain). Its kind of simplistic but it works lol.
  • dee0704
    dee0704 Posts: 1
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat , it took a few weeks before the weight started to decrease but it will eventually just stick with it you will notice a difference soon :smile:
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    1lb is nothing and could be down to so many factors (water, clothing, etc). It's not unusual for me to shift a couple pounds in water weight now and then. It happens, don't let it discourage you or you will lose track of your diet completely and only confirm your doubts.
  • amber_hanners
    i have added the water in though this week thats mostlt what i have besides oj in the morn and skim milk with dinner
  • I'm suffering this issue too! We will succeed.
  • amber_hanners
    thanks everyone im gonna continue working hard to get healthy im still a little upset and really want some yummy comfort food but instead i think im gonna get ready and head to the gym for a little while and clear my mind
  • slegle
    slegle Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in the same situation. I've been excercising for 2 1/2 moths and have recently started tracking my calories. Haven't lost a pound yet. I'm very discouraged, too. Hold strong and don't go to McDonald's! I've done that and always felt worse. When I have waited it out and not gone, I've always felt better and was glad I didn't give in.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Amber - 1 pound is really nothing. It could be caused by too much sodium in your diet this week, that time of the month, what you ate yesterday, whether you've gone #2 in the last couple of days. ;) The scale is the LAST place you should look for progress. Everyone is right - take your measurements, and check those every week or to. Maybe get a fitness assesment done as well. They'll track things like how long it takes to run a mile, your hill endurance, pushups, situps, planks, wall sits, weight presses, etc. Use things like that to track progress! :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Are you sore from working out everyday? The article at the link below might help to put your mind at ease.

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan
  • ncllnn
    ncllnn Posts: 1
    I started in the beginning of February and I have gained 7 pounds! I have been eating way more than I usually do so I have a feeling my body is in starvation mode and holding on to everything I eat. I am super bummed..I am also drinking lots of water. I noticed my sodium levels are always over along with my Carbs, I am wondering if this is where I am failing? I am revamping the whole thing and doing a low carb 50 a day along with low calorie. This started today.
  • amber_hanners
    well i ended up going to subway for lunch i had 32 oz fountain water and a turkey sub with veggies, vinegar and mustard it was wonderful but one the husband and kids stopped at mcds i was so tempted but i left without the sweet tea and i grabbed a salad for dinner but boy i still really want that sweet tea . lol : )
This discussion has been closed.