200 sit-ups- anyone ?

Options
bosanka
bosanka Posts: 336 Member
I just started today- 6 week program -

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

it seams to be doable, and gives an extra focus and something to work towards to- it's not really" time consuming " maybe 5-10 minutes 3x a week .. just something extra to add to your workouts.

Anyone wants to join me and stick with it for 6 weeks ? All details are on that web site - it's not complicated and it's divaded by different levels- you start from your " start point " even if you can do only 10 sit-ups, it's a starting point.

I'd like to have someone join me- but i need someone who will be consistent and hold me accauntable, and wants the same from me.

Replies

• edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in..I've already been doing 100-200 a day so if you want to start tomorrow I will join you ..I have a trainer that makes me do the same so it will help me become more fit w/him also...I'm going to check out the site now!!!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    oh, go on then. I'm already doing 100 push-ups, I can do sit ups too.

I'll do the test in the morning, and start Tuesday. I'll add you, too.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    sure!Starting jillian michaels 6 week 6 pack!I'm sure she will have us do 200 hundred sit ups!
  • bosanka
    Options
    Great to see you here.. i hope we will have some fun.

Well it seams like all of you are more advanced than me- i'm not doing 100 anything yet.. and about 200 i can now only dream :) but i'm starting somewhere...

i finished day o ne yesterday - i didn't want to go too advanced because later on it gets much harder so i chose to take the " beginner level " - the group that fits into 11-20 sit ups - i will follow direction for that group for the next 2 weeks, after that comes next test- and will see where i belong after that test.

i will write for me more detailed, like " the day of training, and the numbers completed in each set for that day - if you check out that website and the tables on it you will understand what i'm talking about :)

so I will keep editing my post here so it's all in one place - and easier to see what i'm doing.. i like things organized :)

week 1
    13.3 - day one - 9, 9, 6,6, 12
    day two
    day three

week 2

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS :

week 3

day one
    day two
    day three

week 4

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS:

week 5

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS:

week 6

day one
    day two
    day three

FINALS :
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I started doing this at the beginning of the year, but have been stuck on week 3.3 for at least a month. I am changing it up a little bit in hopes that I can break this plateau. I have definitely seen improvements in ab strength, however. Hope you do well.
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always get confused with this sit up malarkey. People seem to train abdominals different from other muscle groups, why? They are essentially the same. Time and time again I speak to people who lack any kind of progression, do 200 sit ups with ease, and get no where.

I found the best way is to add some kind of progression. Drop the reps right down, add some weight and change up the exercise. The amount of people you see doing a sit-up wrong, either by swinging, or using there kneck/hands is shocking. Sit ups are not the be all and end all.

Just my 2 cents.
  • jensdaily
    jensdaily Posts: 16
    Options
    Count me in! I'm off to check out the website right now :)
  • rawrim4f4tty
    Options
    too late to join?
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Well it seams like all of you are more advanced than me- i'm not doing 100 anything yet.. and about 200 i can now only dream :) but i'm starting somewhere...

Oh, I meant I'm doing the 100 Push Up program, not that I can do 100 push ups. I'm throwing in the squats too, just because.

Initial tests are;

2 Push Ups
    3 Sit Ups
    9 Squats

I think the running helped there.;p
  • rawrim4f4tty
    Options
    just started day one.. done.
  • bosanka
    Options
    I always get confused with this sit up malarkey. People seem to train abdominals different from other muscle groups, why? They are essentially the same. Time and time again I speak to people who lack any kind of progression, do 200 sit ups with ease, and get no where.

I found the best way is to add some kind of progression. Drop the reps right down, add some weight and change up the exercise. The amount of people you see doing a sit-up wrong, either by swinging, or using there kneck/hands is shocking. Sit ups are not the be all and end all.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you :) many people do sit-ups wrong and end up hurting themself at the end- that's why i have posted the link and i hope that the people who join me will take the time to read how it is done correctly. It's not the point to " speed" through this, but to do it in the right form, not hurting yourself, - and achieving the strength in the core.
    Now to your other things you mentioned- i don't think that " abs " are supp. to be trained differently than the rest of the body- and this is not enough to count as workout - i'm working out 5-6 x a week and about 90-120 mins each time- burning on an avarg. 800-1100 kcls- so this is just something " extra " to add , a goal.that would be nice to achieve , something to focus on.. not the main workout :)
    Now there is a difference between ab muscles and other muscles in the body.. abs are the only one you can actually workout day after day , while other muscles need to have a day of rest in betw. workouts.

Nothing wrong with changing it up- i'm doing it during my workouts- like i said , this is not the " only " workout i do.. and i think the rest of the members who joined me - probably do some other form of exercises as well.

Its just nice to have a focus and a " goal " with a time frame.. that's all.

I was hoping to start the " squat " and push- ups.. s ometimes too.. maybe very soon :)

ps. never too late to join, always welcome :)
  • bosanka
    Options
    i will write for me more detailed, like " the day of training, and the numbers completed in each set for that day - if you check out that website and the tables on it you will understand what i'm talking about :)

so I will keep editing my post here so it's all in one place - and easier to see what i'm doing.. i like things organized :)

week 1
    16.3 day two 9,12, 9,9, 20
    day three

week 2

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS :

week 3

day one
    day two
    day three

week 4

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS:

week 5

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS:

week 6

day one
    day two
    day three

FINALS :
  • bosanka
    Options
    week 1
    16.3 day two 9,12, 9,9, 20
    18. 3 day three 12, 15, 11, 11, 25

week one is c omplete - ready to move on to week two .

week 2

day one
    day two
    day three

TEST
    RESULTS :

week 3

day one
    day two
    day three

week 4

day one