SBF Fitness Challenge. . .October 2nd

Awake super early (again. . .money worries)

Had an incredibly crowded bikram class last night. (our mats were about three inches apart. . .tres intimate)

It made for a pretty good energy in the room, though. Today is my busy day. . . I have errands to run, so I'm hoping the rain stops. It's chilly and damp, so my pain level is up for the first time in months and months (also approaching special lady time, so that doesn't help.) Have to walk on campus to a distant office, after teaching, and then come home and do my push-ups and then go to spinning and then come home, eat dinner in twenty minutes, and go back out to a choir rehearsal. Whee!

I sat down with my next project, (essentially a big reading project/then writing a summarization of the zillion books/articles/chapters, etc.to demonstrate a good knowledge of the subject matter) and calculated how many hours it will (hopefully) take total, then broke it down per day, then gave myself a deadline for finishing. (Jan. 15th, for the record) I have to work about two hours a day, every day between now and January 1st (I factored in a few "random days off") Let's see how that works out for me.

Yesterday, I wanted to log calories so badly. Didn't.

So, today in summary:
water
vits
push-ups
abs
spinning
sleeping.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Awake super early (again. . .money worries)

Had an incredibly crowded bikram class last night. (our mats were about three inches apart. . .tres intimate)

It made for a pretty good energy in the room, though. Today is my busy day. . . I have errands to run, so I'm hoping the rain stops. It's chilly and damp, so my pain level is up for the first time in months and months (also approaching special lady time, so that doesn't help.) Have to walk on campus to a distant office, after teaching, and then come home and do my push-ups and then go to spinning and then come home, eat dinner in twenty minutes, and go back out to a choir rehearsal. Whee!

I sat down with my next project, (essentially a big reading project/then writing a summarization of the zillion books/articles/chapters, etc.to demonstrate a good knowledge of the subject matter) and calculated how many hours it will (hopefully) take total, then broke it down per day, then gave myself a deadline for finishing. (Jan. 15th, for the record) I have to work about two hours a day, every day between now and January 1st (I factored in a few "random days off") Let's see how that works out for me.

Yesterday, I wanted to log calories so badly. Didn't.

So, today in summary:
    water
    vits
    push-ups
    abs
    spinning
    sleeping.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Don't you hate money worries?!? My husband has an awesome job, and mine isn't half bad, and we still have problems making ends meet...Oh well. He's getting a raise next month so I know we'll be fine, but I feel your pain!

Are you not logging calories anymore?? What made you decide that?
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Ooh, sorry to hear about your pain, Viv. So you react to the cold weather? Are you one of those girls who knows when rain is coming? Perhaps Toronto isn't the best place to be . . . :smile:

I stayed home sick again from work today- the illness has morphed from the body aches to some sort of stomach thing- couldn't keep my food or drink in all day, so I lost about 8 pounds today alone! Maybe not the healthiest drop ever.... I walked around the block today and had to stop to rest more than once. That was a challenge and more than a little frustrating. But thank you all so much for your well-wishes! I do appreciate it!

Tomorrow's goal- get back to work. I have so much to do! And take it easy. It may be Friday night, but no partying for me!

:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Are you not logging calories anymore?? What made you decide that?

I'm taking a break from it, it was turning obsessive. (I talk about it in my blog) I'm taking a two week break from it, my first from logging since I started. Trying to "listen to the body", rather than just make poor choices to fill up my calories.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Ooh, sorry to hear about your pain, Viv. So you react to the cold weather? Are you one of those girls who knows when rain is coming? Perhaps Toronto isn't the best place to be . . . :smile:

I know, but I am that rare person who LOVES Toronto! :tongue:

Take it easy on yourself, barefoot. . .you might be seriously dehydrated with all that loss! Careful. . .:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Well, I am still able to move this morning, but sore - it's the same sore that I was last night, though, so I have a feeling that the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) that I am prone to get hasn't really set it yet. It usually takes 36-48 hours for me to get really sore. I decided that Shred wasn't in the cards, though - what with doing Shred yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks, plus unexpected kickboxing and pushups, my muscles need a break. I'm going to try to go to Zumba tonight if the blisters on my feet aren't too bad. Unofficial scale check still looking good, though I won't be surprised if I see a temporary gain due to glycogen storage.
    I know, but I am that rare person who LOVES Toronto! :tongue:

<waves at Viv from across the lake> Hey, I think a lot more people love Toronto than love Rochester... that's probably why the fast ferry didn't work out. None of you guys wanted to visit! :wink: We've got the same dreary weather this week. I hope you feel better, and good luck with your work schedule! I have been trying to do an hour of work every day on my project. But now I've finished reading the reference book I was using for help, so I've gotta actually start doing stuff. Reading is so much easier!

Barefoot, I agree with Vivia - take it easy! And try and get your fluids in - ice chips and flat soda sometimes work for me when I'm sick. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    So unfortunately I didn't accomplish anything I set out to do yesterday except stay in my calorie range. As soon as I got off work I went to my moms and just sat and cried and blabbed to her about all my frustrations and stresses. Then I cried some more on the way home, and when my bf got home I cried some more to him. It was just one of those days where I needed a good long cry...partly because it's that TOM. I've just felt so overwhelmed with stuff lately and I think it's because I'm putting too much focus on things like debt and bills and not enough on myself. I DESERVE to feel good and I DESERVE to exercise every day. My health should come first, not last.

Ahhh :yawn:

Anway........

Today I will do P90x/Shred after work and stay in my calories.

:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Sorry to hear you ladies are having a rough time! :flowerforyou:

Yesterday we got the house!! :bigsmile: i went in.. took a look at everything.. I still cant believe we just bought our own house. The yard is HUGE they house is so spacious! Its so private! HUGE pond in the back, a small one in the front, 2 car garage thats detached (perfect for my husband) 5 bed rooms, 2 living rooms 2 huge bathrooms, 1 kitchen that has a lot of room which I LOVE! A dining room, laundry room, 2 storage rooms, and then under our deck theres a room where my husband wants to make into his little "boys only den" haha Of course everything needs to be painted. Needs better flooring. Needs a new dishwasher, fridge and I would like a new stove. Right now im trying to convince my mom to let me have her fridge from here. The other one almost made me cry.. Its just so small and falling apart! The dishwasher almost made me cry too! It was small and really gross looking! Today my husband is not going to school and our real estate agent is giving us a gift of $300 to spend at Home Hardwear!! That will buy our paint. Today mom is coming down to paint the kids rooms and I will be painting the living room, our bed room as well as the spare bed room.

Yesterday while looking at the house I was STARVING. All I could think about was my hunger and I had only 10cals left in the day because I didnt work out like planning :noway: I convinced my husband to celebrate we should get restaurant food and not to let it affect our competition, so he let me! :bigsmile: I had a small POUTINE *drools* and a burger. It was soooooooo yummy though Im not feeling so well this morn, but I dont care!! hahaha Unhealthy food always makes me so thirsty! Today I am moving and painting :bigsmile:

I pray for peace of mind for you girls and that things start to turn around for you :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning! Everyone sounds so busy! Barefoot, you get better soon! Sounds like you are dealing with some nasty stuff!
    Just a quick note from me. I am trying to come up with my goals for this challenge. One will be calming things down a bit-for my sake and my son's.
    Today is grocery shopping day. I am not sure what else I am going to get done. If my MIL takes a nap this afternoon then I may get Shred in. She will be leaving tomorrow morning, so I WILL do it tomorrow! I have not minded having her here at all. We get along, but I am ready for things to settle down a bit.
    Drinking water
    shopping
    making new goals

I hope you all have a good day!
    MM
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    oh oh oh!! I just weighed myself and after that large meal.. well all those cals!! I didnt even gain an ounce!! I didnt lose.. But I remained the same!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    V & CP - I LOVE Toronto and Rochester! Rochester is so green, Texas is so brown (no rain in a month). Toronto is in Canada, nuff said. I had a friend that lived in Rochester for 2 years (Unix person for Kodak), but I never got a chance to go see her, now she's in Los Alamos and is talking about moving again!

Barefoot - no exercise for you - liquids and rest.

We just had someone ask this morning if they could put a crane in our driveway to film a commercial - how weird is that?

Yesterday I walked, did weights, and yoga. I left weights class and drove over to yoga (I come late on Wednesdays). I walk in and the teacher's spot is empty - her husband is leading at the back of the class. He says, "Oh good, you're here, you mind teaching?". That was a little unexpected. My legs were shaky from weights too - and they are sore today. We did a set of 20 lunges (front foot on step), 20 squats (one leg on step), 20 lunges (back leg on step), 20 wide squats - then did it on the other leg! BL got nothin' on my teacher!

Today I'm going for a bike ride and maybe some walking this afternoon.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Mary -- love your reverse warrior pic!

Everyone sounds busy!

Carrie, congrats on the house! I'm in the middle of buying a little condo up in Northern Calif (near Oregon border) and I'm so excited! It's all new to me but I'm learning as I'm going...

Yesterday I was over in calories, even with my 500 calorie workout. I get so hungry during these long days and yesterday was a really long shoot with a lot of standing around. I need to stop eating out of boredom. The other thing I'm noticing is that I tend to eat more on the days that I don't work out in the morning. With 6am calltimes it definitely makes more sense to work out at night, but I'm realizing I'm a morning workout-er!

Today I will:
    ~ Do 45 minutes on the elliptical
    ~ Stay within my calories
    ~ Drink more water (didn't get enough yesterday because we were on location with no bathroom!)
    ~ Take my vitamins

Also thinking of a hot bath and a book if we wrap early enough! I deserve some pampering tonight.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    V & CP - I LOVE Toronto and Rochester! Rochester is so green, Texas is so brown (no rain in a month). Toronto is in Canada, nuff said. I had a friend that lived in Rochester for 2 years (Unix person for Kodak), but I never got a chance to go see her, now she's in Los Alamos and is talking about moving again!
    Small world - I know at least one Unix ex-Kodaker as well (he always refers to Kodak as "the big yellow box" :laugh: ). My mom grew up in west Texas - she also hates the brown and the wind.

So, did you get to be in the commercial? :wink:

Carrie, that is so exciting about your house. And WL - congrats on yours as well! So you're moving to the State of Jefferson, huh? :tongue: Do things like chewing gum or brushing your teeth help to keep you from eating?
  • lotusfromthemud
    or. . .I could fall asleep on the subway and have terrible cramps. Since I'm aiming for 6 or 7 days a week of working out, I think this week it will be 6. Just not up to it today.:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    HI ladies. Just wanted to check in on all of you. Medication is kicking my butt and curbing my appetite. I haven't been counting my calories while I've been sick but seem to be doing ok. I still have a pretty rough cough-praying it's gone by the weekend....

Miss you all:flowerforyou: Julie
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Sounds like quite a few of you need to rest! You all need to get better soon! :flowerforyou:
    My MIL fell asleep...on the couch! :ohwell: So I didn't get to work out. I haven't done too bad on my eating though I haven't had time to count calories either! I haven't been eating everything in sight this week so I know I am doing all right. Tomorrow afternoon things will be a little more normal...or not. What is normal anyway? :laugh:
    I am getting my water in though! So that's something!