Wii Fit

Options
Hey. I am thinking of getting Wii Fit but not sure if its right for me. I am not to run, jump, hop, skip, etc. I can do the ellyptical, treadmill, swim, etc. Please let me know if I should get it.

Thanks!

Replies

• airforcewife2005
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus and I love it. :) I like to do my cardio outside though, or at the gym on the elliptical. I love the yoga poses and the strength training that it offers. Let's me work on my core, legs and everything w/out feeling insecure at the gym.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What kind of excercises does it have?
  • kel1kel
    kel1kel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Active (the first one and the more workouts). I LOVE it and still continue to use them You do not have to have the board and it comes with the necessary equipment (leg strap, band) and the new one has a heart monitor. You can choose to do their workouts or pick your own if you have probs with some of the activities! Do it and you will love it! Good luck!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What kind of excercises does it have?

They are all fully described here:
    http://wiifit.com/

There are a lot you can do, but a lot that involve movements you may not be able to do (look it over, because you know you best). I personally like it a lot. You may also want to consider Wii Walk it Out, which is more of a walking cardio fitness thing. I am also considering it and have heard it is a lot of fun and pretty challenging. Good luck!
  • LOSTFanJ
    LOSTFanJ Posts: 6
    Options
    I have wii fit and there are a lot of exercises on it that do not require skipping or running. In fact, you can't even jump on the board because the board is not meant to be jumped on, according to the instructions. Many of them require walking in place and/or arm movemements. It's fun!
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii!!! I have the Fit,Fit Plus, Fitness Coach and Active...of all of then I love my Wii Active most..it is more of a trainer. Wii Fit and Fit Plus are more game like and are fun to play. I have seen more weightloss with the Active.(total 21 lbs in 10 weeks so far)
    Fit and Fit Plus have hula hoop, running and biking which seem like stepping, ..it has steps, marching etc
    Active actually has a track that you run,walk, high kick and kick backs, resistance bands for strength training,as well as tennis, basket ball, volleyball etc
    Fitness Coach is like a fitness class just for you and was a great start but I quickly moved past it.
    My only exercise is my Active and walking my dogs.
    Hope this helps!!!
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Is there a site so I can look at what Wii Active includes, and the other Wii ideas you gave me?
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    I would never want to be without it, I can get all hot, out of breath and sweaty all in the comfort of my own home :o) and has paid for itself by saving money on Gym memberships........GO FOR IT !

EDIT : I certainly have lost weight using this but then I had a lot to lose, it is slowing down a bit now but i still find it FUN
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My whole family enjoys the Wii Fit (even my 9 y/o), it's a blast. They have fun little "games" like the obstacle course, and snow ball throwing, i really enjoy the yoga. It is easier to mix up your work out routine as well. I have looked at getting the Wii Active as well, I'll probably buy it in a month or so.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My fiancee has lost 10 pounds since Christmas. He does do weight training outside of it, but he does at least 30 minutes every day. I've lost about 4.5 pounds since Christmas (that does include the 2.5 lbs on MFP. I'm not looking to lose a ton of weight, I just want to be more fit. (if that makes sense).
  • Lutiebelle
    Lutiebelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go to YouTube. They show trailers of the videos.
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii fit, with the balance board, and have just purchased the EA Sports Active (the first one, because I already use a HR monitor)

I absolutely love it, and it saves me money on a gym membership!!

I do yoga, boxing, running, hula hoop, strength training, and have just started the 30 day challenge, and boy does it give you a work out!

Give it a go, its great!!:smile:
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I actually just called my mom and told her what I wanted for my 30th bday on April 2..... a Wii Fit!!

5108536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the Wii Fit...after reading your profile, you might want to also pick up the Fitness Coach ( it is very cheap, used at GameStop)...It is easily modified ..it is more like watching a video and does not require the moniters. On the Wii Active, you have to hold the wii-mote and nunchuck just right or it doesnt register the movement which can be very irriating.
    Let us know !!!!!!
    :love:
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have both the Wii Fit Plus and Kinect. I like both but with the Kinect, it takes in your whole body movement and you don't have to hold a remote control in your hand as everything is hands free and you don't need a board.

Either one I think you'll be happy with.
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thanks guys! Now, I dont know what to get. I guess Ill just wait for my b-day...