Hello :)

Options
Hi everyone! I have been using MFP since the February 1st and have lost 10 pounds doing so. I have another 14 pounds to lose and I have found my progress has now slowed. Has anyone else experienced this?

I did however have a great NSV this weekend. I have been in size 12 (UK) jeans for as long as I can remember and in Feb I bought a size 10 pair as an incentive. Well Saturday morning I thought I would try them on as the scale hadnt moved and I felt a little down. I couldnt believe it when the zip and button did up without a hitch and no horrible ripping sound accompanying it!!!

However back in work today am feeling really down about the scale sticking at 10 pounds lost. I am going on holiday in June and really want to be confident in my bikini!

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Replies

• bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It does start to slow down but that's the best way for it to be. Keep on going you're doing great.
  • evedavies
    evedavies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you bluehooked for your reply.

I think I am maybe eating too little calories as I am struggling to get over 1000 cals in me everyday without resorting to an unhealthy snack to bump them up.

I am quite fussy when it comes to food so not sure what to eat to get these calories and also my metabolism up

Any ideas anyone?
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the harder it is for each pound to come off.

And if you are eating under 1000 calories, it is possible that your metabolism is slowing down to conserve energy. Fresh fruit is an excellent way to get in some healthy calories.
  • evedavies
    Options
    Thank you Piano.

I had heard that you should steer clear or fruit after 2pm. Does anyone know if this is true and if so why?
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi i found by increasing my execise a little and drinking more water and giving up caffiene a great help. Keep up the good work youve done really well so far. Ive lost 13 lb with another 15 to go.:flowerforyou:
  • evedavies
    Options
    Thanks Sonia, I did think about upping the exercise so I will defo try that. Congrats on your weight loss so far! :happy:
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you get on :smile:
  • evedavies
    Options
    Will do :smile: