Can you be addicted

Options
I always want to be at the gym, can you be addicted to going???

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    This sounds like a good addiction to me.....
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    unless it is interfearing with everyday activities then i see no harm.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I know I can, when I really commit myself, I feel like I am wasting my time when im not there. I sit and think, im READY TO GO TO THE GYM!!! lol
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Yup!

I'm not gym addicted, but it's totally possible.

If you think about it, exercise releases endorphins and gives you a natural energy rush and "high" and that gets addictive.
    Someone told me once that the more exercise you do, the more your body wants because it gets used to the endorphin rush from it.

Not a bad addiction all in all :happy:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Working out gives you a dopamine surge not unlike drugs. It's better than sitting around eating (another dopamine trigger). In fact, I better get going :happy:
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to kick boxing. The last five minutes of class I'm wanting to do it again.
  • mreardon2996
    mreardon2996 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you can be addicted- my husband almost has to force me to take a day off- I am just worried if I take a day off that it will become habit like that of working out- It's just that you feel so good about yourself after a good sweat!!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Better than my addition of Peanut Butter!! SMH
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I love PB as well I have to talk myself out of it most of the time. I just love going I love the sweat I love the sould of the weights I love it all. I went this AM to get it out of the way and all I can think of is wanting to go after work even if its for just alittle bit :blushing:
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! I'm addicted to Zumba...it makes me smile :)
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I agree with the ZUMBA I :heart: it
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm definately NOT addicted to that or exercise for that matter. :happy:
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    yes! it is for me! i took my 1st aerobic class 14 years ago, started teaching shortly after that, met my husband there, we bought the gym where i taught at, our son lifts with us, my dad works out there (been playing racquetball for over 50 years, it's in my blood) my best friends are gym rats......i'd say there is some addiction there.
  • ambernwms
    ambernwms Posts: 27
    Options
    I am addicted I leave in 30 mins to go and I am just watching the clock! I love it =)