Sports Bra- HELP!

Options
I went to D.I.C.K's yesterday to try to get an Under Armour, but the XL didn't even fit. :(

I need a bra that's going to fit 40-42DD's. I would also like for it to be high impact to really "hold" well.

Every other thread I've seen on this topic only discusses up to D cups.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I would try the underarmour website. I am a huge fan of their sportsbras. I have also purchased them on ebay for good prices (NWT).
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I LOVE my Enell 100 sports bra!! I am a 44DDD so I can totally relate to the need for extra support. The girls are well supported and move very, very little, and the back band stays in place. They are a little pricey but totally worth it. I ordered mine online and used their sizing chart; it fits perfectly.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have given up looking for a sports bra in my size 48dd!! so i just go without now use a normal one(and a arm across for jumping exersices!!) lol
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Im in the uk so the shops are obviously different but i have to buy mine online. Im a 38GG/H but my sports bras are a 40E as i find that size sqishes them better and keeps them supported and in place!!

It maybe worth having a look about online for some? Sorry i cant be much more help :)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I like Champion sports bras, personally, but I'm only a large C/small D. I have a few friends in the gym business though that are DD and they all tell me they have to wear 2 sports bras to get enough support because there isn't one that is super fabulous for support on high intensity workouts at that size. Good Luck!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am a triple D and I have to wear two. I used to work at Lane Bryant and I SEARCHED everywhere trying to find one that will hold my twins together. I wear a sculpted non underwire from LB as my first and I bought some Champion bras from Kohls and Target to wear on the top. The ones I bought from Kohls are a thicker material and are sewn better than the ones I bought from Target but since I am so busty anything that fits and holds the girls down I'll try. Let me know if you find anything....
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am a triple D and I have to wear two. I used to work at Lane Bryant and I SEARCHED everywhere trying to find one that will hold my twins together. I wear a sculpted non underwire from LB as my first and I bought some Champion bras from Kohls and Target to wear on the top. The ones I bought from Kohls are a thicker material and are sewn better than the ones I bought from Target but since I am so busty anything that fits and holds the girls down I'll try. Let me know if you find anything....

I was thinking Lane Bryant, but our closest is 40 minutes away. I'll have to make it a point to get up there and look. I tried on the biggest they had at Kohl's and I was still "popping out" the top. It seems like they aren't made high enough for me to be able to keep them from popping out the top or the bottom.

I think a breast reduction might just be easier then this..haha.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm UK based and have just bought a sports bra in a 36KK! :noway:
    on their largest back sizes its 40J

http://www.bravissimo.com
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    i have given up looking for a sports bra in my size 48dd!! so i just go without now use a normal one(and a arm across for jumping exersices!!) lol

LOL- that's what I'm doing now. But even just to power walk, I bounce all over and it hurts. I'd look pretty silly walking with an arm across. It might permanently attach itself there.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I second the Bravissimo site.....I'm in the US but I order my bras from them. I wear a 32G in my everyday bra and a 34F in Sport bras. Yes, it will cost a little more over all BUT, to me, it's worth it to have ONE sport bra that fits and keeps 'em in place (not to mention looks cute too! Not utilitarian at all :tongue: ). I love this one (I have two...the white and the black).....

http://tinyurl.com/5vrbzoo

Also their customer service is out of this world. If you need to return they will work with you to find the right size and they are not sticklers with their return policy for those who are out of the country. They understand that it takes a while to get to and from the US. They also have a policy that you only have to pay them shipping once (you will have to pay return shipping). I had to recently send back an order but I couldn't wait the time for an exchange so I just made a new order. When I let them know that they went and credited my new order of the shipping costs because it was an urgent exchange. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! I can't say that enough....
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I can't say enough about Moving Comfort - I LOVE mine and I'm a 40DD. It's super comfortable, the straps are easy to adjust once on, and it's comfortable to wear even when running. I use mine a lot even when I'm not working out because it's really supportive and reduces a lot of back pain for me.

Also when they rate for high impact they really mean it - I have very little bouncing even doing jumping jacks!

I have the Fiona found here: http://www.movingcomfort.com/product/344605/350003/_/Fiona
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options

I second the Bravissimo site.....I'm in the US but I order my bras from them. I wear a 32G in my everyday bra and a 34F in Sport bras. Yes, it will cost a little more over all BUT, to me, it's worth it to have ONE sport bra that fits and keeps 'em in place (not to mention looks cute too! Not utilitarian at all :tongue: ). I love this one (I have two...the white and the black).....

http://tinyurl.com/5vrbzoo

Also their customer service is out of this world. If you need to return they will work with you to find the right size and they are not sticklers with their return policy for those who are out of the country. They understand that it takes a while to get to and from the US. They also have a policy that you only have to pay them shipping once (you will have to pay return shipping). I had to recently send back an order but I couldn't wait the time for an exchange so I just made a new order. When I let them know that they went and credited my new order of the shipping costs because it was an urgent exchange. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! I can't say that enough....

Is the back size, just the US band size?
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    enell. it is the only sports bra i wear. i was a 42F.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I am a 39 ddd I have tried everything when it comes to sports bras,and never found one that gave me the support I wanted.Now I just wear 2 sports bras over an underwire bra its the only way I can get no movement
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Is the back size, just the US band size?

I am assuming so, the measurement for under your bust.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    This site is very good: http://www.lessbounce.com It's a UK site but I don't know if they ship overseas.

I have just ordered a Freya bra from them, after reading some very good reviews from ladies ranging from C to G cups!! (I'm an E myself).
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I had to go to a high end ligerie store in town and just pay the extra money. It was worth it. I used to do the arm trick and the double bra that doesn't fit trick, but this is so much better.

That being said, I will be checking out the Enell brand.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    I'm willing to pay what I have to in order to get a good bra. I just hate not being able to try things on and do a few jumping jacks to see how well it holds. That's why I figured my best bet would be to ask all of you..haha.
  • lillylilly112
    Options
    here is a link to the enell. i love this bra and i believe you will too

http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about Enell. I was nervous about not being able to try it on also, but Bare Necessities offers free shipping to you and free shipping on returns if it doesn't fit.

http://www.barenecessities.com/catalog.aspx?drv=&nxs=31&sb=BA&size=&vendor=16967&price=&style=