Metabolism Boosters

Thyroid problems run in my family and to my doctors humor, I go in every year to get mine tested to see if that's why I have a weight problem. Well just got another negative result back, which to most would be a positive. But I think I have a serious problem with my metabolism for how much I work out and still don't lose weight.

Does anyone know of a supplement or vitamin that can help boost this? I don't want to take any weight loss pill like Slimquick or Hydroxycut. I want something long term.

Replies

• melissa2ca
    melissa2ca Posts: 21 Member
    Thyroid problems run in my family and to my doctors humor, I go in every year to get mine tested to see if that's why I have a weight problem. Well just got another negative result back, which to most would be a positive. But I think I have a serious problem with my metabolism for how much I work out and still don't lose weight.

Does anyone know of a supplement or vitamin that can help boost this? I don't want to take any weight loss pill like Slimquick or Hydroxycut. I want something long term.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I take a supplement called CLA (Conjugated Lenolic Acid). Google it and see if it fills your lifestyle.
  • Weight loss pills hurt you more than help you . they are dangerous too.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    My family has the thyroid condition called hashimotos. Make sure you are being tested for that as well it will not always come up on normal testing. I personally try to control my thyroid issues with diet because I have not gotten to the point where I have to have the meds.

Here is what I know.

Soy is not good for your thyroid if you are in fact having issues with it.
    I also use chia seeds in my baking or in smoothies. They add fiber and are a fat substitute in baking. They are also good to help keep you hydrated.
    I take l-tyrosine when I feel mine getting low. Not before you head for bed though it will keep you awake. It is found natrally in your body and helps your thyroid function better.

I am not a doctor or anything like that so make sure it is right for you.
  • melissa2ca
    GREAT advice, thank you so much.

Where can I find l-tyrosine at?
  • melissa2ca
    I currently take CLA, as I am trying to avoid eating cheese b/c it's so fatty. Thanks for the reassurance that I'm on the right track with that.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    No problem I find mine in the health food section at the grocery store. Usually about $15.00. It is often in diet pills because it does give you a boost.

Check out www.remiteas.com it is a site that talks about living with thyroid issues and how diet can affect it. It also has some tasty teas. Since all my family has hashimotos we try and find healthy ways of controlling it.
  • TRY DRINKING PLAIN GREEN TEA IT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME ENERGY AND IT WILL HELP WITH WATER WEIGHT AS WELL AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THE TASTE YOU CAN FIND THEM IN CAPSULES
    OR TRY A VITAMIN B COMPLEX I DONT RECOMMENED DIET PILLS IT COULD THROW YOUR THROID OFF..LOL